adamant

Use this forum to discuss past Good Words.
Palewriter
Lexiterian

Re: Gray, more Grey!

Postby Palewriter » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:15 am

One of the many advantages of not producing children and living far away from your relatives when their kiddies are small: you miss out on this genre.
As George Burns said: "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city." :D

-- PW
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

eberntson
Lexiterian

Eureka !?!

Postby eberntson » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:21 am

Well I am ignorant of Eureka since I gave up cable about a year ago, so I could pursue other things. However, the next time I'm some place with cable I'll check it out.
Gailr is right though if it is a good show with potential it will be can'd ASAP, they won't even let a market develop for it. Just like Babylon 5, which developed a following despite the network changing its show time every 2 weeks for years. Now there was a series that went strange, to bad the spin-off never took off either. I like the Space Range concept, visit strange dead worlds and let you crew get eaten.

Eric
EBERNTSON
Fear less, hope more;
eat less, chew more;
whine less, breathe more;
talk less, say more,
and all good things will be yours.
--R. Burns

Huny
Lexiterian

Re: Gray, more Grey!

Postby Huny » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:08 pm

Eureka is quite entertaining so far. This dooms it to one of three disturbing fates:
1) market "failure" and abrupt cancellation in 2nd season / replacement with a heartwarming series featuring pathologically stupid yet lovable adults and smart-mouthed yet undisciplined kids;
2) market "success" and a rash of Eurekaesque knockoffs on every channel, each one more tragic than the last;
3) the series lasts for 10+ years, getting stranger (and not in a good way) each season, until we could care less [sic] what happens.

-gailr

"In a novel of ideas, the ideas have to work." -- Carl Sagan
Gailr, you took the words right out of my head, I would have said mouth, but if it were my mouth, then I would have the wherewithal to have worded it myself to begin with. Things get scrambled from brian to fingers sometimes. :roll: I am surprised to see this many people like watching Eureka. Usualy, If I like it, it's fate is doomed. Eureka reminds me of a George Burns quote, "I spent a year in that town, one Sunday." You know how things go around there, so who knows.
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Real Scifi

Postby Bailey » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:45 pm

Mark;

Sci-fi is real if you wait long enough, haven’t you heard the theory that sci-fi is what is driving our technological development now. Eric
oh my I really hope it's not always true,
I'm reading "Cell" by Stephen King right now. Well it's not strictly sci-fi even though his books to movies Are shown on that network.

mark doesn't-have-a-cellphone-and now-I-probably-won't Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Return to “Good Word Discussion”