DEBOUCH

Use this forum to discuss past Good Words.
scw1217
Lexiterian

Postby scw1217 » Tue May 01, 2007 2:32 pm

Now, I do agree with you that it would be tough for me to grow up in the South with Suzanne as my name...but it probably would be anywhere!
ROTFL. See, what I mean!
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
http://www.feelgoodromance.com

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Tue May 01, 2007 8:32 pm

Suzanne, I certainly didn't mean bring the pain of the bane!
LOL. It's okay. I am used to it. You try growing up in the south with Suzanne as your name!
Ha! I actually have a neice named Suzanne. I thought it a law that every Southern family have at least one Suzanne!

Now, I do agree with you that it would be tough for me to grow up in the South with Suzanne as my name...but it probably would be anywhere!
And Johnny Cash already took care of using such a situation for a semi-humorous song, so you wouldn't even have an upside.
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Wed May 02, 2007 12:59 am

DOH!
[Stargzer slaps forehead]

I should have seen that one coming. My oldest daughter's middle name is Susannah. One of my all-time favorite albums (yes, I still have the vinyl edition; it's one of many I've yet to convert to CD) is James Talyor's Sweet Baby James, which of course has a rendition of "Oh, Susannah" on it.

I remember the first time I heard that album and where I was ...

[Stargzer has a nostalgia rush as he remembers the spring of 1970, listening to a new album with friends in Beaven House, down the hill from his dorm, Wheeler House, vowing that he had to buy that album come summer, because something in all those songs resonated within him, and still does ...]
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Wed May 02, 2007 7:46 am

And don't forget Fire and Rain.
Just yesterday morning they let me know you were gone
Susanne the plans they made put an end to you
I walked out this morning and I wrote down this song
I just can't remember who to send it to
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

scw1217
Lexiterian

Postby scw1217 » Wed May 02, 2007 10:11 am

Okay, I do not know any Johnny Cash songs or Fire and Rain. I do know "Oh Susannah" (the folk tune) and wish I didn't. :?

I am forever telling people, it's s-u-z-a-n-n-e, not susan or sue or suzy or suzanna. Really, my mother should have named me something less complicated. LOL. Actually, it's a family name. Her middle name is suzanne, her grandmother's was, and I believe her great grandmother's as well.

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Wed May 02, 2007 2:41 pm

This is the reason that two of my kids have three letter names (Ben and Ron). My eldest is Danielle, but luckily that name seldom gets mangled.
Anonymous

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Thu May 03, 2007 10:02 am

Okay, I do not know any Johnny Cash songs or Fire and Rain. I do know "Oh Susannah" (the folk tune) and wish I didn't. :?
Not 2b picky but that's a Stephen Foster song. Just for the record (pun intended).
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Thu May 03, 2007 11:13 am

My accountant's name is Stephen Foster. I used to tease him that he looked good for his age, and why did he stop writing songs.
Anonymous

scw1217
Lexiterian

Postby scw1217 » Thu May 03, 2007 11:17 am

My accountant's name is Stephen Foster. I used to tease him that he looked good for his age, and why did he stop writing songs.
LOL. My husband has a friend named Don Johnson. He was once stopped by a cop and when he gave his name, obviously, the cop thought he was just being smart.

Return to “Good Word Discussion”