Algebra

Use this forum to discuss past Good Words.
call_copse
Senior Lexiterian

Re: Algebra

Postby call_copse » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:29 am

Sadly the often solitary, intense nature of development produces many mental faults, amplifying my introverted nature at times. I'm not good at relating or speaking to people I'm told! I can however create mental models very easily; additionally I can search and filter information faster than 99.9% of the population e.g. finding relevant information from Google - I can scan 100s of pages for the essential data in seconds. Perhaps an unimpressive superpower!
Iain

damoge
Senior Lexiterian

Postby damoge » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:10 pm

hardly unimpressive, Copse! and as my faculties decline, you invite envy as well.
Everything works out, one way or another

misterdoe
Senior Lexiterian

Postby misterdoe » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:12 am

I had to take some computer programming classes when I was in junior college, and somehow i knew then (1982-83) that, even if I were to pursue something calling for a knowledge of coding, I wouldn't need COBOL or Fortran. But I latched onto BasicA (and later QuickBasic) and was able to use it to create random sets of parameters for creating sounds for my Korg synthesizer, created some really basic screensavers, and some other stuff.

All involved some knowledge of algebra, which I had not anticipated until it came up.

Philip Hudson
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Philip Hudson » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:12 pm

When I left my place of employment, either the government zapped my brain so that I lost everything I knew,. or I had a stroke. Whatever the case, it has been a hard row back. Now I am content to teach English. Hey! I have forgotten everything else. It was all Top Secret.
It is dark at night, but the Sun will come up and then we can see.

Return to “Good Word Discussion”