New Town Crier Is From The South

A forum for discussing US dialects (accents).
Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

New Town Crier Is From The South

Postby Stargzer » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:59 pm

I just found this Wizard of Id cartoon about how to tell that the new Town Crier is from The South.
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Dr. Goodword
Site Admin

Town Crier

Postby Dr. Goodword » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:17 pm

MUCH too modern for a town crier. A waitress in Boulder, Colorado told my family, "I'm sorry. I have to bring out one more order and then I'll get back to yall." When I asked where she was raised, her response was that she was born in Nevada but spent most of her life in Tucson.

The English language needs it desperately and yall clearly has beaten youse and yuns for the position, though both of those make perfect sense.
• The Good Dr. Goodword

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Town Crier

Postby Stargzer » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:37 am

... When I asked where she was raised, her response was that she was born in Nevada but spent most of her life in Tucson.

The English language needs it desperately and yall clearly has beaten youse and yuns for the position, though both of those make perfect sense.
Take that, Boston and Pittsburgh! :lol: Goodwords will out!

I'm watching "Dr. G, Medical Examiner" and they're talking about why they see more men as accident victims in the morgue than women. Some of the stories they related remindend me of the Redneck Famous Last Words: "Hey y'all! Watch this!"

:shock:
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Return to “The Rebel-Yankee Test”