ululate

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
KatyBr
Wordmaster

ululate

Postby KatyBr » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:05 pm

Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

One entry found for ululate.

Main Entry: ul·u·late
Pronunciation: -"lAt
Function: intransitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -lat·ed; -lat·ing
Etymology: Latin ululatus, past participle of ululare, of imitative origin
: HOWL, WAIL
- ul·u·la·tion /"&l-y&-'lA-sh&n/ noun
And

English Dictionary Computer Dictionary Thesaurus Dream Dictionary Medical Dictionary

Search Dictionary:

Meaning of ULULATE
Pronunciation: 'yoolyu`leyt

WordNet Dictionary

Definition: [v] emit long loud cries; "wail in self-pity"; "howl with sorrow"

Sponsored Links:

Synonyms: howl, roar, wail, yawl

See Also: call, cry, holler, hollo, scream, shout, shout out, squall, waul, wawl, yell

I don't know about you but I LOVE to say this word, hearing ululation however opens a whole 'nother bago'tricks, it puts one in a tribal primitive frame of mind.

Katy

Apoclima
Senior Lexiterian

Postby Apoclima » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:15 pm

It is a soft sounding word, Katy, but there was nothing soft about the ululating I did after my last wisdom tooth was pulled. I couldn't stop ululating once the novacaine wore off and I had to go back to the dentist for a shot of sodium pentathol, and a heavy duty prescription of pain killers.

I have never experienced pain like that any other time in my life!

Ululating was the only thing that gave me comfort!

APO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O!
'Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination.' -Max Planck

KatyBr
Wordmaster

Postby KatyBr » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:23 pm

It is a soft sounding word, Katy, but there was nothing soft about the ululating I did after my last wisdom tooth was pulled. I couldn't stop ululating once the novacaine wore off and I had to go back to the dentist for a shot of sodium pentathol, and a heavy duty prescription of pain killers.

I have never experienced pain like that any other time in my life!

Ululating was the only thing that gave me comfort!

APO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O!
You have a very bad dentist, I had one smart tooth and 1 molar removed, neither of which hurt, ever. And I take nearly NO pain meds, a tylenol is all, One at that. Maybe you need a shot of endorphins.

Either I had two great dentists or am immune to tooth-related pain. I do understand your feelings tho' after gall bladder removal the pain was awful and I had no breath to ululate!

Katy

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”