Prothalamion

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:20 pm

Like Malathion? My step-father who worked for the State Agriculture as an inspector had a friend who accidently flew through his spray (a crop-duster) landed on the ground, got out of his plane and dropped dead. Deadly stuff.

mark the-Mal-belongs-there-in-front Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Palewriter
Lexiterian

Postby Palewriter » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:27 pm

A well played pedal steel is a delight. Check out Paul Franklin, who has even played with Dire Straights, or Robert Randolph.

All good stuff, though I humbly submit* Revisited as being the best pedal steel album since...um...sliced bread. More than worth the $$, and sold WAY outside the usual commercial channels.

-- PW

*wholly unsolicited
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:34 pm

-gailr
Anybody here play the harmonica? I kin getcha guest spot on the Morning Traffic Report.
Well actually, I play very well. I am on two cuts of a fairly recent CD by Benjammin, Shining From Inside. (The Devil's Dog is one cut. I can't remember the second one.) Also, many years ago during Elton John's first American tour, I warmed up the Detroit audience with a 15 minute harmonical solo. I had done the same at a Lee Michaels concert at the same venue a few weeks before for a sold out audience. Anyone remember Lee Michaels?
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:43 pm

All good stuff, though I humbly submit* Revisited
The testimonial credits him for the "SPLINTED HARMONY."
Is this due to broken chords?

Anybody here play the harmonica? I kin getcha guest spot on the Morning Traffic Report.
Well actually, I play very well.
Groovieola. Sounds like we have the makings of a good studio band. Today, the Morning Traffic Report. Tomorrow, some late-night cable talk show...

-gailr
In grade school, I found a harmonica in my grandparents' attic. The entire family was happy when I gave up an otherwise promising career.

Palewriter
Lexiterian

Postby Palewriter » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:04 pm

Anyone remember Lee Michaels?
Oh yeah. Back in the mists of time, forty years ago (gulp!), I was a frequent flyer at the Cafe a (au) Gogo on Bleeker St. There, without knowing I was watching history, I was privileged to see such bands as Canned Heat, Mothers of Invention, Jefferson Airplane, etc, before they turned "big". Also lots of great bands who never did.

Like the steel guitar and a number of other instruments, the harmonica can only be played two ways: very well or pi$$-me-off badly. There's not much of an in-between in there, IMO.

-- PW
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:34 am

Harmonica, Lee Oskar, man that dude could make you weep.

mark well-not-really-me Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:32 am

Perry, good licks on "Devil's Dog"! Listening to the songs on that album, sounds like a fun guy!

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”