Best posts?

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
mikegladsz
Junior Lexiterian

Best posts?

Postby mikegladsz » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:51 am

Hey! I registered for the first time this week.

Apologies for being lazy, but I was wondering if someone could point me to any posts that I should read first, so I can get involved here?

Thanks! Mike

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:37 am

mike, you did fine, jump in and start your own or go to the view unanswered posts or even View posts since last visit.
these links are above the menu on the entrance page to the right.
It is confusing at first but you'll get the hang of it, but I must warn you it is addictive. Welcome and post-a-lot!

mark who-posts-alot Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:01 pm

The honorable knight, Mark Sir Postalot.
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:23 pm

that's Ka-niggit to you sir.

mark sir-bah! Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:57 pm

Welcome, Mike.
You're on the right track...just speak up!
Bailey's given the best advice IMO. Just jump in.

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Best posts?

Postby Stargzer » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:07 pm

Hey! I registered for the first time this week.

Apologies for being lazy, but I was wondering if someone could point me to any posts that I should read first, so I can get involved here?

Thanks! Mike
Go through a couple of threads in each of the forums to get a feel for what goes on in each. The most free-wheeling is probably Res Diversae, a catch-all for any topic not covered in the other forums, whether it involves language or not. I usually start there looking for new messages and work my way up to the top of the forum.

You can browse the topics to see what's been posted in the past. Post in one of the old topics if you want, post in one of the new ones, or start a new one. Just as in voting, you should post early and post often. :wink:

Don't forget to preview your replies before submitting; you'll catch some errors there.

In the compose/post a reply window there is a link to more Emoticons and Accented Characters; test it out to see how to use them. You can always delete your own post if you're just testing. unless, of course, someone has already replied to it.

Some people can get their noses out of joint, but in general, it's a good lot here. Welcome!
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:57 pm

Welcome, mike. You can click on [Search] to see if there are any existing threads for words that interest you; feel free to resurrect any old ones. And if you haven't explored the home page, be sure to check it out as well. Dr. Goodword provides a wealth of interesting links and articles.
-gailr

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”