temblor

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:01 pm

Regarding Volvo, anyone know the Latin word for "I bring an insatiable repair bill appetite"?

Buy a Volvo once, shame on them; buy another one- you can't get fooled again
Don't know about Volvo, but I believe one of the words you're looking for is "Fiat"...
"Fix it again, Tony"? Aye, had one of those too and not really looking for another, grazie. Whenever I see one on the road I'm overcome with sympathy. Wonderful while running though.
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:29 pm

Regarding Volvo, anyone know the Latin word for "I bring an insatiable repair bill appetite"?

Buy a Volvo once, shame on them; buy another one- you can't get fooled again
Three generations of my family are afflicted with chronic Ford Taurusitis. Oh sure, they run until domesday, but some mad engineer programmed interesting quirks such as: click on hazard blinkers and turn signals will go on strike; drive through a hailstorm and a tiny little plastic part will fail on the wiper transmission; driver's electro-window will spontaneously fail to "up" in a monsoon...

-gailr
codependent on her taurus

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:48 am

... Three generations of my family are afflicted with chronic Ford Taurusitis. Oh sure, they run until domesday, but some mad engineer programmed interesting quirks such as: click on hazard blinkers and turn signals will go on strike; drive through a hailstorm and a tiny little plastic part will fail on the wiper transmission; driver's electro-window will spontaneously fail to "up" in a monsoon...

-gailr
codependent on her taurus
Stargzer has owned many Ford products over the years, and despite the fact that they are sold and serviced by Ford dealers they stand up to the abuse and neglect he doles out. Twice he has won the Extended Warranty Engine Lottery, and once he lost, not having had a warranty.

His late, lamented '98 Explorer Sport (seen as his avatar of late) gave up its ghost, allowing him to keep his own whilst it wreaked vengeance on an '06 Hummer H3 that turned in front of him last March, spinning the Hummer around 180° and sending one of its rear wheels bouncing down the highway.

Sadly, only two weeks ago, the '98 Dodge Stratus ES that his eldest child gave him as a replacement when she bought a new used Honda Civic has also been written off by the minions of the Talking Green Lizard after someone slammed on their brakes in front of him. Unfortunately, the 'Gzer was the last one in line and the Dodge took a nose dive under a Suziki SUV.

'Gzer is now the proud owner of an '07 Taurus SE, Windveil Blue Metallic Clearcoat in color with a gray interior. While not getting the 30 MPG that the Dodge got, at 24 MPG average so far it beats the late, lamented Explorer, which got only 25 on a good day; but ahh--it was great for pulling out stumps in front yard, and gave him great confidence in the few snowstorms we've had! 'Gzer looked upon the 4WD as "snow insurance," and will miss it greatly. :(

Since 'Gzer's baby brother works in the Parts Department of a Lincoln-Mercury dealer, 'Gzer has a vested interest drive Fords. His wife's '97 Taurus is still rolling along at 100K+.
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:30 am

Preach it, brother! Can I hear an amen!

While Brother Gzer is making his way back to his seat from dropping off his love offering to Our Lizard in the collection baskets, let's all open up our Owner's Manuals and turn to #294, Oh Lord, How Shall We Replace A Missing Cabin Filter Top Hat.
His wife's '97 Taurus is still rolling along at 100K+.
That's why we love'em. All I'm saying is, put the small size WD40 in her glovebox now. She'll need it to get her turn signals back if she ever touches that hazard light button. :wink:

-gailr

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:41 pm

Preach it, brother! Can I hear an amen!

While Brother Gzer is making his way back to his seat from dropping off his love offering to Our Lizard in the collection baskets, let's all open up our Owner's Manuals and turn to #294, Oh Lord, How Shall We Replace A Missing Cabin Filter Top Hat.
His wife's '97 Taurus is still rolling along at 100K+.
That's why we love'em...

-gailr
Amen Amen I say unto ye, it is the play of children. For it is written, the Saturn of Sluggo had 211k when he bought it from the Bay of E Merchant some 60,000 miles ago in the days of the Katrinites and behold, it runneth rings around the Filistines, yay, verily even unto the present time, yet she knoweth not the weeping and gnashing of gears. And lo, no issues with par hasard lights. Dodges and Fords shall pass away....

Nah, leave us not jinx nothin'.

Has Gzer ever inquired of said lizard why he would be using a Cockney accent?
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”