collegial

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
Klimt
Lexiterian

collegial

Postby Klimt » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:47 pm

of or characterized by the collective responsibility shared by each of a group of colleagues, with minimal supervision from above.

He . . . prefers a collegial harmony that will present him with a consensus on the issues.

Leaders can foster positive collegial interaction and problem-solving (the political context) by creating partnerships, coordinating teaching schedules to allow for common preparation periods, facilitating meeting time, and addressing negative teachers.

Glass walls are employed to create a collegial atmosphere, allow privacy when needed, and promote...
Whoever wants to know something about me - as an artist which alone is significant - they should look attentively at my pictures and there seek to recognise what I am and what I want.

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Glass walls may help form a collegial atmosphere, but glass ceilings don't. And glass floors are just too creepy for me.

The Corning Museum of Glass has one that extends out over an open area far below. While I know it's safe, it takes a lot for me to be able to go out there.

And, let's face it, do glass walls really contribute to collegiality? Or do they just make us feel like bugs on display?
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

LukeJavan8
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby LukeJavan8 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:09 pm

Electoral college, comes to mind. Or the College of
Cardinals, those prelates who elect a pope, in Rome.
-----please, draw me a sheep-----

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”