Christ. Mar 30 2013

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
FelixCat
Junior Lexiterian

Christ. Mar 30 2013

Postby FelixCat » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:57 pm

I do not know if this the correct way to express a concern or not. Nevertheless, here it is: Why do you say that Christ was born born in the in 1 AD when actually he was born in 2 BC, as recognized by several scholars. Basically per bible's prophecies, he was born 2 BC and not AD. Thank you for the opprotunity.

Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Christ. Mar 30 2013

Postby Perry Lassiter » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:11 pm

The scholars I've read put the birth a bit earlier than that, based on Herod's reign, somewhere between 6-4 BC. Someone, of course, miscalculated the date, as they thought that 1 AD was the year. In today's politically correct world, the scholars have changed to BCE (Before the Common Era) and CE in order not to offend those who are not Christians. Many Christians, of course, continue to use AD and BC. The date discussion can be found in many commentaries and can get pretty complicated, since we have no birth certificate.
pl

Philip Hudson
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Christ. Mar 30 2013

Postby Philip Hudson » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:46 am

FelixCat: I see you are a first time contributor. Welcome and post often. I am not aware of any Bible prophecy that predicts the date of the birth of Jesus. The date of Jesus' birth is uncertain and does not seem to me, a Christian and Bible scholar, to be very important.
It is dark at night, but the Sun will come up and then we can see.

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”