Abstract

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Abstract

Postby Perry Lassiter » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:36 pm

Abstract has many uses, and has been used 170 times on this site, but hasn't been "done" by Doc G. An abstract can be a summary at the head of a journal article, sometimes free as opposed to the article itself. It can be opposed to concrete, as when a child thinks concretely until he or she becomes capable of abstract thought in the teens. It can point to non-representational art as opposed to realism or another school. Its basic meaning is to draw (tract) from (ab) or out of, as collecting points for reflection from a book, article, or subject. One can also think abstractly without becoming pinned down to a definite reality.
pl

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Abstract

Postby Slava » Fri May 13, 2016 12:51 pm

So I guess you're looking to see the Good Doctor's abstract on abstract?
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry Lassiter » Sat May 14, 2016 1:40 pm

From the original dates on several of your posts today, I would abstract that you have been prowling the past again...
pl

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Sun May 15, 2016 7:11 am

Aye, I had very limited Internet access for a while and am only now catching up on the posts I never got to read.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”