1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
2. A resolving to do something.
3. A course of action determined or decided on.
4. A formal statement of a decision or expression of opinion put before or adopted by an assembly such as the U.S. Congress.
5. Physics & Chemistry The act or process of separating or reducing something into its constituent parts: the prismatic resolution of sunlight into its spectral colors.
6. The fineness of detail that can be distinguished in an image, as on a video display terminal.
7. Medicine The subsiding or termination of an abnormal condition, such as a fever or an inflammation.
8. Law A court decision.
a. An explanation, as of a problem or puzzle; a solution.
b. The part of a literary work in which the complications of the plot are resolved or simplified.
a. The progression of a dissonant tone or chord to a consonant tone or chord.
b. The tone or chord to which such a progression is made.
11. The substitution of one metrical unit for another, especially the substitution of two short syllables for one long syllable in quantitative verse
Now I have listed for your enjoyment a few sample resolutions:
Make more money... and a few more relevant:
I will stop checking my e-mail at 3:00 in the morning ... 4:30 is much more practical.
When I hear a funny joke I will not reply, "LOL... LOL!"
I will stop sending e-mail, ICQ, Instant Messages and be on the phone at the same time with the same person.
I will try to figure out why I really need 9 e-mail addresses.
I will answer my snail mail with the same enthusiasm I answer e-mail.
When I subscribe to a newsgroup or mailing list, I will read all the mail I get from it.
I resolve to back up my new 400 GB hard drive daily... well, once a week... monthly, perhaps...
I will spend less than five hours a day on the Internet.
I will read the manual... just as soon as I can find it.