What's new at alphaDictionary.com.
Dr. Goodword
Site Admin

Postby Dr. Goodword » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:04 pm

I suppose if your avatar hasn't come up yet, you will have to reinstal it. Deeply regret the inconvenience.
• The Good Dr. Goodword

LukeJavan8
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Avatars

Postby LukeJavan8 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:21 am

Sorry Doc, whatever you said above, is a total blank.

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:30 pm

It appears that things are going better here on the Agora, but there are some few issues that I believe need to be addressed. I'm hoping that others out there will chime in and agree or disagree, as they see fit.

First off, a kudo (sic): I much appreciate being able to write drafts.

One odd bit is that with the new font, bold and non-bold are almost indistinguishable. This makes it nearly impossible to see the stressed syllable in the words of the day.

We still do not have the accented characters available. Not a great problem, as we can always get to them via the charmap in Windows, but they were nice to have.

Will we be seeing a Legend for the meaning of the slew of new icons? I knew what the bells meant, but not the new whistles.

The Post Count is still off for several users. Mine is stuck at 3169. Yet, if we look up all my posts, I have 3192 listed.

LukeJavan8 - 2304 v 2328
Perry Lassiter - 652 v 660
Audiendus - 432 v 433
ashaffer - 40 v 39?

View new posts varies. Sometimes it shows the days posts, but yesterday (Monday) it was taking me all the way back to Friday. I shut my computer down every night, so I know I was logged off.

The time is off by an hour, unless Pennsylvania is in the same time zone as Prince Edward Island.

The e-mail about new posts reads, most of the time, "eply notification". Some were correct today, with "Topic r" leading up to the rest.

Suggestion: one other site I use has a section that shows which users have visited the site that day. It would be quite interesting to see who had been online, perhaps more so than who IS on line at the moment.

Plus, continuing query, just WHAT are those dang bots doing? Since they came on line, I've gotten a spam message a day. Coincidence?

LukeJavan8
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby LukeJavan8 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:58 pm

Nothing. Yet.
Andrew changed me to a different venue: did not work.
Waiting now to be changed back.

I can now see avatars. Keep at'em Andrew. Still waiting for you to change me back from the phpBB thingie.

Margaretsickles
Junior Lexiterian

Postby Margaretsickles » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:27 am

Hi friends. I am one of the new member in this forum. What did you mean by avatars. I did not heard about this topic. Please provide this information here.

LukeJavan8
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby LukeJavan8 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:33 pm

again WELCOME.
an Avatar is the little guy of mine
in this posting, over to the right, who is holding
a guitar....some picture that expresses who
you are or something about you. I have a number
of them and use them for different sites.

Return to “Site News”