Suggestion Box

What would you like to see on our site?
Dr. Goodword
Site Admin

Suggestion Box

Postby Dr. Goodword » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:23 am

Although many of you have already taken advantage of our Contact page and sent us suggestions, corrections, and other comments, we will set aside a forum here, too, where that sort of information may be discussed in the open Agora, as well as sent to us.
• The Good Dr. Goodword

KatyBr
Wordmaster

recent posts

Postby KatyBr » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:08 pm

Can we have a recent posts page? please? I find it really saves me time.

Thanks,
Katy
keep up the good work, it looks great in here.

tcward
Wordmaster

Postby tcward » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:25 pm

Katy, I think you must have missed this section on the 'homepage' of the Agora here, right under the header section:

View posts since last visit

View your posts

View unanswered posts

-Tim

KatyBr
Wordmaster

recent posts

Postby KatyBr » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:29 pm

I saw it Tim, but it requires extra page refreshes TWO OF THEM!, I liked the old way, 10 posts, all newest.

Katy
Last edited by KatyBr on Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

tcward
Wordmaster

Postby tcward » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:47 pm

Well, I never used that feature in the other forum, so I confess my confusion at your statement that this one requires more page refreshes... They look the same (superficially) to me.

-Tim

KatyBr
Wordmaster

page refreshes

Postby KatyBr » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:24 am

Trust me on this Tim, Page refreshes eat my time,make me stress, raise my blood pressure, not good.

Katy
It's why I get so tired of Yahoo, they laminate their software resulting in several unnessary page refreshes, sigh. can you tell me why I must sign in then,right away verify my my password? EVERY time?

ashaffer
Site Admin

Re: page refreshes

Postby ashaffer » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:46 pm

Trust me on this Tim, Page refreshes eat my time,make me stress, raise my blood pressure, not good.

Katy
It's why I get so tired of Yahoo, they laminate their software resulting in several unnessary page refreshes, sigh. can you tell me why I must sign in then,right away verify my my password? EVERY time?
Hi,

What do you mean by page refreshes? (And is the last comment just about Yahoo?)

I have added some patches to this software in order to protect user personal data - a valid account is required to access the memberlist and some other features.

-Andrew
Recursion is the root of computation since it trades description for time. - Alan Perlis

Apoclima
Senior Lexiterian

Postby Apoclima » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:32 pm

Andrew,

What Katy is talking about is a page where the lastest posts themselves (say, up to ten) comes up, not where they are, but the actual posts come up all in chronological order, and a person came post directly from there without having to go yet one page more to the complete topic and post!

I don't always need this function, but it sure was nice to have when a person wanted to see what was going on at a glance instead of accessing each and every topic.

Thanks,

Apo
'Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination.' -Max Planck

KatyBr
Wordmaster

page refreshes

Postby KatyBr » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:42 pm

with the recent posts I had only to go straight to it to see All the last 10 posts. now I go into Alpha, click on "view new posts since last visit" (or something like that)
Then the page refreshes, the I must click on the selected thread, another page refresh, then when finished with that thread I then click back on Alpha home, another page refresh, click the "view latest post" another page refresh, select the next thread, Another page refresh. and on and on.
and Yes the last comment on my last post was just about Yahoo, and why I'm already half crazy!

Katy
*can hear a collective muttering from dozens of Agorists saying" That explains a lot."*

Apoclima
Senior Lexiterian

Postby Apoclima » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:51 pm

Exactly, Katy!

Thanks!

Apo
'Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination.' -Max Planck

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: page refreshes

Postby Stargzer » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:10 pm

Katy . . .
Katy, while not much can be done about your time, there are prescriptions available to alleviate the second two . . .

:wink:

Regards//Larry

KatyBr
Wordmaster

drugs

Postby KatyBr » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:27 pm

Ah, I haven't done drugs since the early 70's when I found out they are bad for me, And Apo, what exactly did you mean by "exactly? my comment on how and why I'm half crazy, and the agorists saying, "That explains a lot"?

Katy
LOL :lol: I do like all the new emoticons! :lol:

Apoclima
Senior Lexiterian

Postby Apoclima » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:54 am

By "Exactly, Katy!" I was talking about your suggestion for the ten most recent posts page.

As for your being on drugs and half-crazy, I have no comment, so I'll let your words speak for themselves.

Apo

KatyBr
Wordmaster

word suggestions

Postby KatyBr » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:36 am

as I reperuse this thread, I see that the suggestion the good Doctor was referring to ware Word suggestions, so here is mine Ducky, is it really a word or is it just a tiny portmanteau of exclamation?

Katy

Apoclima
Senior Lexiterian

Postby Apoclima » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:25 am

I don't think that he was insinguishing that, Katy! He meerly wants the site to be accessensiblitable!

How's though for some 4 bit words?

Apo

Return to “Suggestions”