adventures in Banking

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

adventures in Banking

Postby Bailey » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:47 pm

Àpropos of nothing, I have a story to tell. Today a relative of mine went to his ATM to get some cash, but as he puts it; the little Keeblers inside said no, but deducted the $$ from his account anyway- contrary little brats that they are- so he drove across town to the only other ATM for his bank, and the Keeblers there were more accomodating and gave him his cash, but after a check on his balance he saw that the amount had been deducted twice, so off he went to the bank to get this squared away, but the bank, nonplussed by his appeals said they'd clear it up within 45 days. We are not talking about $20.00 here it was a much larger sum. My relative is still muttering about Keeblers, fed cookies in the bowels of the ATM, "What's in your machine?" He murmurs in dispair.

mark lives-with-crazies Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Re: adventures in Banking

Postby sluggo » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:21 pm

"What's in your machine?" He murmurs in dispair.
Not to worry, Mark -I axed for a twenty and got like $45K. It all evens out, oddly enough.
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:35 pm

My keeblers are (so far) more helpful, bailey. When in London, I can extract pound notes from the US account into which I deposited dollars! The whole time I am there! Even more astonishing, they know when I have touched down on US soil once again and change the pounds sterling back to dollars. Woot.
-gailr

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: adventures in Banking

Postby Bailey » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:02 pm

"What's in your machine?" He murmurs in dispair.
Not to worry, Mark -I axed for a twenty and got like $45K. It all evens out, oddly enough.
You got 45 thousand dollars? I can't believe they let the Keeblers have control of that much!
wow, that's a lot of cookies.
btw this is the same bank that credited two different checks I wrote, leaving me this huge balance I thought I could spend, but a few weeks later they debited them, and then of course debited them again. sigh

mark hopes-my-cousin-gets-his-$$-back Bailey
pretty funny Gailr.

kb

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:04 am

Sounds like I'd be looking for a new bank. Clear it up in 45 days? There's been a lot of times in my life where any extra money taken from my account would have created a crises!

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:54 am

Tell me about it. Even when gremlins aren't taken money unbidden from my account, we are in a state of crisis! :oops:
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:19 am

Sounds like I'd be looking for a new bank. Clear it up in 45 days? There's been a lot of times in my life where any extra money taken from my account would have created a crises!
For my cousin $160.00 is a huge crisis. It means they don't eat...but I'm thinking they probably said four-or-five-days, he heard 45, lol.

mark wishes-the-bank-gave-me-$45K Bailey

kb

tcward
Wordmaster

Postby tcward » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:27 pm

...they probably said four-or-five-days, he heard 45...
Yup, I bet 4-to-5...

-Tim

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:38 pm

On the other hand, many of the credit card companies make corrections, or give their benefits, in "one or two billing cycles". And that is usually an optimistic guestimate.
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:40 pm

Yup, I bet 4-to-5...

-Tim
Yer on, Tim. I bet it was 45- why give the customer back his own money when the bank can make another 40 days' interest?

--Sluggo-the-cynique

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:51 pm

Yup, I bet 4-to-5...

-Tim
Yer on, Tim. I bet it was 45- why give the customer back his own money when the bank can make another 40 days' interest?

--Sluggo-the-cynique
I'm with you Sluggo, the way the banks had such a hard time letting go of the money donated to the Trade towers next-of-kin..... ld
I had a bank once that would put a ho; on a few dollars every weekend, I figured they did it to everyone to make it appear the bank 'had' more money to acrue interest on. Tim's tagline applies here.

mark another-cynic Baiey

kb

Palewriter
Lexiterian

Postby Palewriter » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:12 pm

I'm so old-fashioned, I only recently started using an ATM card. Now, I just run it through a machine at the store and it asks me if I want cash back. I always like to get cash back on any deal, so I'm, like, sure. Come to find out, they're offering me MY MONEY.

Sheesh.

-- PW
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:23 pm

[quote="Bailey]
I had a bank once that would put a ho; on a few dollars every weekend ...[/quote]

So that's what they're doing with our hard-earned funs. Gives a whole new meaning to liquid assets...

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:34 pm

[quote="Bailey]
I had a bank once that would put a ho; on a few dollars every weekend ...
So that's what they're doing with our hard-earned funs. Gives a whole new meaning to liquid assets...[/quote][/quote]
I actually remember fixing that, but I forgot to re-read it. It shu'd be "hold."

mark makes-more-mistakes-than-does-things-right Bailey

kb

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:45 pm

nada banking institute
155 blah st.
Jackson, Mo, re: account #754e754w43q87t08
Dear Sir:
On 8-15-2006 you put a hold on $160.00 of my money, Keep in mind the error was on your part, therefore, since you are busily acruing interest on MY money I feel it's only fair I've taken a page from your own practices and I'm hereby charging you $28.00 per day on these funds, until their safe return to their proper location, towit: my bank account.
Oh and by the way, should you not be prompt in returning my money I'll be forced to report your refusal to pay this honest debt to all three credit agencies. 45 days to fix this is way beyond the bounds of good sportsmanship.

thank you and have a nice day,
Bubba Bailey

mark I-wrote-this-for-Bubba Bailey

kb

Return to “Res Diversae”