Instant advertising

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:27 pm

No, that was just brutal honesty, gaucheness (she did say she was left-handed, I thought :wink: ), or jus' plain ol' cussedness, not Chutzpah.

True Chutzpah is murdering your parents and then asking the court for leniency because you are an orphan. :shock:
I am both right handed and left handed. I am right hand dominant when writing but shoot a gun left handed, play pool left handed. etc.

No, I don't think Chutzpah would describe me. If I killed my parents, then I would have to move and go into hiding again, oops, er, um, I let the cat out the bag there. :wink: But my husband has questioned my past occupation when, all in one day, I removed my own stitches out of my half severed ring finger on my right hand and I had to break into our own house after we got locked out, using my left hand. (I didn't want to risk knocking my finger off, then we would have to call 911 and ask them to help us find it and hope some critter in the night didn't run off with it ,then we would have to explain to the cops why we were breaking into this house to begin with. Things could have gotten out of hand real fast around here. :wink: ) All in a day's work.
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:03 am

No, that was just brutal honesty, gaucheness (she did say she was left-handed, I thought :wink: ), or jus' plain ol' cussedness, not Chutzpah.

True Chutzpah is murdering your parents and then asking the court for leniency because you are an orphan. :shock:
I am both right handed and left handed. I am right hand dominant when writing but shoot a gun left handed, play pool left handed. etc.

No, I don't think Chutzpah would describe me. If I killed my parents, then I would have to move and go into hiding again, oops, er, um, I let the cat out the bag there. :wink: But my husband has questioned my past occupation when, all in one day, I removed my own stitches out of my half severed ring finger on my right hand and I had to break into our own house after we got locked out, using my left hand. (I didn't want to risk knocking my finger off, then we would have to call 911 and ask them to help us find it and hope some critter in the night didn't run off with it ,then we would have to explain to the cops why we were breaking into this house to begin with. Things could have gotten out of hand real fast around here. :wink: ) All in a day's work.
was this a pun or just tautology?

mark to-whom-this-question-is-directed-allotime Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Palewriter
Lexiterian

Postby Palewriter » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:23 am

What a DULL life I seem to lead. :-)

-- PW
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:03 am

Things could have gotten out of hand real fast around here. :wink: ) All in a day's work.
was this a pun or just tautology?

mark to-whom-this-question-is-directed-allotime Bailey
Bailey, I knew I could count on you to hand pick my subtle puns! 8) For that, I give you a high five :D
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:01 am

-- PW
PW, you mean you've never had a half severed finger and had to break into your house?

I've actually had a dull life punctuated at long intervals by times of sheer terror. That makes life worth living, yeah!

mark several-freak-accidents-plus-an-attempted-kidnapping Bailey

or maybe I'm just a freak who enjoys telling tales of true but slightly embellished events.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:08 pm

-- PW
PW, you mean you've never had a half severed finger and had to break into your house?

I've actually had a dull life punctuated at long intervals by times of sheer terror. That makes life worth living, yeah!

mark several-freak-accidents-plus-an-attempted-kidnapping Bailey
or maybe I'm just a freak who enjoys telling tales of true but slightly embellished events.
:shock:
You just say the special word and I will come get you, Bailey. There will be no kidnapping around here or I shall shake my finger at the abductor and ask he/she just who do they think they are and then I'll sick Perry on them. :twisted:

Huny- who thinks people should learn to keep their hands to themselves so we would need no Amber alerts.

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:41 pm

There will be no kidnapping around here or I shall shake my finger at the abductor and ask he/she just who do they think they are and then I'll sick Perry on them.
Two comments:

I hope that it won't be the nearly severed finger.

I see that I may have a new job description soon.
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:19 pm

There will be no kidnapping around here or I shall shake my finger at the abductor and ask he/she just who do they think they are and then I'll sick Perry on them.
Two comments:

I hope that it won't be the nearly severed finger.

I see that I may have a new job description soon.
I have to hand it to you, you catch on quick! We have to take care of our own around here. But the finger is doing good. It has been nearly a year and I have full feeling back in it. It used to feel like a shock every time I would hit it on something there for a while. I guess that's what I get for not letting the ER doctor deaden it before she stitched it up. I figured, how can it possibly hurt any worse than it does now? I stay away from the knife that almost cut it off . My mom has it now. It was hand forged by an uncle and stays very sharp. It bounced off the kitchen sink and bounced up into my finger and tried to fillet it for me. I dropped the same knife a few days ago while cooking over at my mom's and it missed my big toe by about an inch. And, yes, I was barefoot. Now I need to go invest in some steel toed boots. :roll:

Huny- not allowed to keep sharp knives in the house anymore.

Return to “Res Diversae”