Pun Times

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:29 am

. . . I gots shoes. You gots shoes. All Gods chillin gots shoes."
:D

. . . Which reminds me about what has has been said about Roman Catholic birth control practices:

"All God's chil'en got Rhythm and Blues"

and alternatively:

"All God's chil'en got Rhythm and Chil'en."
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:37 pm

A man went to see a psychiatrist because he had multiple personalities. Sometimes he thought he was a character from an opera. At other times, he thought he was a German soldier. The psychiatrist was perplexed by the man's problem. After many sessions, the psychiatrist still couldn't find a cause for the man's split personality. But it was clear that the man didn't know if he was Carmen or Goering.

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:54 pm

But it was clear that the man didn't know if he was Carmen or Goerring
lol, I have one... During the war at an unnamed concentration camp a very cruel comandant took a group of guests out to a large field and made them run for hours. Then he took them to the edge of a cliff left side to the edge right side out, he told them to say tick and lean to the right and then say tock and lean to the left. One by one the guests would fall over the cliff. One man remained however after three hours of tick/tock. The commandant noticed the man just kept leaning right and saying tick tick tick over and over again. Enraged the Commandant raced over to the man, grabbed his shirt in his fist and screamed,
"Ve haf vays uv makinge you tock!"

mark oh-well Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Palewriter
Lexiterian

Postby Palewriter » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:51 pm

You're going to burn in Hell, Bailey. I'll probably see you there. :-)

-- PW
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:32 pm

In the words of Tom Lehrer, "We will all fry together when we fry." But probably for different reasons. At least I'll have company. Unless the Devil :evil: puts me in solitary.
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:09 pm

Youse guise is jest askin' for it.

This one's too long, I'll just float the bait...
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:22 pm

Excellant Sluggo, great puns only he missed 'All of a Sturgeon'...., but maybe it was on porpoise.

mark in-the-swim Bailey

kb

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:24 am

gailr: *warships sluggo's trove o'puns*

And may I stick my oar in here for International Talk Like A Pirate Day. Next to Halloween, this is one of my all-time favorite holidays! Aaarrgggh mateys, I'm expectin' participation with zest before, durin' and after September 19. Start studyin' the pirate glossaries, translators, pick-up lines, name-generators "to aid in yer pirate-talkin' endeavors".

[With apologies, sort-of, to PW]: Got Pirattitude?

Black Mary Bonney

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Saturday

Postby skinem » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:24 am

A little history lesson...
In the 1800s, the Tates Watch Co. was known for its fine watches, but it decided to branch out with new products. It decided its watch cases could hold compasses and they could sell them to pioneers heading west. But their compasses were so terrible. Many travelers ended up in Mexico or Canada instead of California. That gave birth to the expression, "He who has a Tates is lost."

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:17 am

Skinem, you are soooo bad.

and all I have to say to you Gailr is Argggghh Gebarhgggg, ahoy mateys.

mark Did-you-see-my-eyepatch-pegleg-and-parrot? Bailey

kb

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:16 pm

A little history lesson...
In the 1800s, the Tates Watch Co. was known for its fine watches, but it decided to branch out with new products. It decided its watch cases could hold compasses and they could sell them to pioneers heading west. But their compasses were so terrible. Many travelers ended up in Mexico or Canada instead of California. That gave birth to the expression, "He who has a Tates is lost."
LOL OK Skinny, now yer cookin. Arrr!

(warning: politically incorrect ahead)

Q: What does a Chinese pirate say?

A: "E L L L L L !"
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:58 pm

Sluggo, Ha! ROR!

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:43 pm

In the days of building the transcontinental railroad, an Irishman, a German and a Chinaman are newly hired. (Of course this isn't PC. But shiver me timbers, what else is new?)

The Irishman is put in charge of laying track and driving spikes. The German is put in charge of dynamiting the mountains to make tunnels. The Chinaman is put in charge of the canteen and supplies.

The crew finishes their first days work and look forward to a good meal. The Chinaman is nowhere to be seen. The crew goes to bed hungry. This repeats for three days. And the disgruntled men wonder where in the world the Chinaman can be.

Finally on the fourth day, the Chinaman jumps out of a nearby cave, shouting SUPPLIES!
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

tcward
Wordmaster

Postby tcward » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:39 am

This one's too long, I'll just float the bait...
The 'herring' comment reminds me... We have a local office called 'TOTAL HEARING SOLUTIONS', and the font they chose to print the sign makes the A in 'hearing' look like another R. Every time we drive by it my brain tries to read the dern thing as 'TOTAL HERRING SOLUTIONS', and suddenly I feel like I'm in a Scott Adams novel...

-Tim

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:03 pm

Every time we drive by it my brain tries to read the dern thing as 'TOTAL HERRING SOLUTIONS', and suddenly I feel like I'm in a Scott Adams novel...

-Tim
If you're talking about the "famous Herring Sandwich experiments conducted millennia ago at MISPWOSO (The MaxiMegalon Institute of Slowly and Painfully Working Out the Surprisingly Obvious)" I think you mean Douglas Adams?

OTOH, Scott Adams documented "blind herrings"...

-gailr
not a big fan of herrings, whether sandwiched, sighted or pickled

Return to “Res Diversae”