sneigwh-

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
gailr
Grand Panjandrum

sneigwh-

Postby gailr » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:37 pm

Snow

I don't care how many words there are for it.

I'm tired of it.

gail-"the shining"-r

"Come on! We'd love to have you closer. Move to Colorado; you'll love it here! As long as you're in the Metro area, the winters are very mild and the snow never lasts more than a day." --david r, brother

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:55 pm

uh yeah, I've been watching the weather news, Colorado has been stealing all the snow and cold weather this year.

mark no-snow Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Re: sneigwh-

Postby sluggo » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:26 am

Snow

I don't care how many words there are for it.

I'm tired of it.

gail-"the shining"-r

"Come on! We'd love to have you closer. Move to Colorado; you'll love it here! As long as you're in the Metro area, the winters are very mild and the snow never lasts more than a day." --david r, brother
Heresy, Madam. I shall be pleased to swap abodes with you for the honour.
[gazing out da winder hopin' sugar flurried flakes come a-flittin' where I'm sittin' in the mor- or -ning.]

I wouldn't be watching scary Nicholson films though- snow driving is my favourite sport. :twisted: I really get Inuit.
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:10 am

Sluggo,

There is a chance of snow in Boone today. Anyway, at least neither we, nor Gail, had to go through either of the 2 tornadoes that hit South Carolina last week.
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Palewriter
Lexiterian

Postby Palewriter » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:44 pm

At least you don't have to get up at 6am in sub-zero temperatures to shovel tornadoes. Unless you happen to live in the middle of the plains in a little wooden home with a tin roof, tornadoes aren't generally all that bad. At least down in this part of Tornado Alley.

Speaking as one who has had way too much experience with eyeball-high snowdrifts, the choice is clear.

The inuits may have 16 names for snow; my name for it is unprintable here.

Gailr...move to Texas. :-)

-- PW
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:10 pm

So what happens- we wake to the flakes, ooh pretty trees, take pics snap snap... I sit down to check e-mail, look out the winda- and the sun's out, it's all gone. :cry:

Oh the shame. It's jest not fair I tellya.

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:45 pm

we got a few flakes, some even stuck--until the morning brings the hot January weather, It is waaaay too warm this year, I may have to put my seeds in the freezer if it doesn't get cold enough soon for them to germinate.

mark dis-gusted Bailey

kb

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:30 pm

I'm elated to see that just after my previous grievance, the sneau here plutoed itself (if my definition stands) and it's nice and fluffy here now. Thanks, westerners!

Of curse, as Bailey said, the hot January will render it all useless by lunch tomorrow :evil:

Can we get Al Gore to call off global warming and go back to inventing more internets?

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:22 pm

Can we get Al Gore to call off global warming and go back to inventing more internets?
I fear the intrenet, so I have agorephobia?

mark a-hem Bailey

kb

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:19 pm

At least you don't have to get up at 6am in sub-zero temperatures to shovel tornadoes. Unless you happen to live in the middle of the plains in a little wooden home with a tin roof, tornadoes aren't generally all that bad. At least down in this part of Tornado Alley.
Well sir, this is the first [edit] city [/edit] I've moved to that didn't have a debilitating tornado within the first week of my residence. I'm not sure what that means, except that there may be something to that whole "gail of november" business after all...
Gailr...move to Texas. :-)
For half my life I've threatened to tie a snow shovel to the roof of my car and drive south until they ask me what it is. For some reason, the opposite keeps happening. Maybe hell really is freezing over...

-gailr
longs for the brain-melting heat of childhood vacations in Texas...
Last edited by gailr on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:18 am

so Gailr, had any avalanche problems in your end of town? I think that you need to move to Texas or somewhere where there are more bugs than snow clouds.

mark not-much-snow-here-yet Bailey
Last edited by Bailey on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

kb

Palewriter
Lexiterian

Postby Palewriter » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:44 am

For half my life I've threatened to tie a snow shovel to the roof of my car and drive south until they ask me what it is. For some reason, the opposite keeps happening. Maybe hell really is freezing over...

-gailr
longs for the brain-melting heat of childhood vacations in Texas...
My spouse (a Texas aborigine) traveled to Ohio once and saw an amazing sight: someone pushing a noisy machine out of which snow seemed to emanate. Baffled, she asked what it might be.

Actually, in the ten years I've lived in the Lone Star State, I've seen a few flakes a handful of times. Normally, they're gone before the missus can fetch the camera.

If the younguns want to make snow angels, they can fly to Colorado, I say. I'll stay here in the warm.

-- PW

PS. Al Gore can carry on with his global warming, as far as I'm concerned. After all, it's all moving at glacial speed. :-)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:23 am

OK Gailr this has gone too far.
Got a nice price though. Too rich for my blood.
Last edited by sluggo on Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:21 am

Gail, stop threatening and just do it. Asheville could always use a free spirit such as yourself. I am certain that you could easily laugh off the 2 inches of snow that we had yesterday (which could easily be all we have for the season).
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:08 am

Gail, stop threatening and just do it. Asheville could always use a free spirit such as yourself. I am certain that you could easily laugh off the 2 inches of snow that we had yesterday (which could easily be all we have for the season).
Pessimist :P

Return to “Res Diversae”