new tool definitions

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:42 am

my leaf blower is also a vacuum, it sucks up leaves and chops them up, It works great for my composter, the leaves are already chopped, they decompose faster.

mark gardening-fool Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:51 pm

In my observation, leaf blowers seem to be weapons of passive aggression for certain yard warriors. X stealthily blows leaves from his driveway to B's yard one day; Y returns fire the next the next. Z diverts half to each side. Field exercises.

-gailr

much the same thing happens with some snowblowers too...

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:03 pm

Speaking of tools. How about the leaf blower. All they seem to be good for is blowing the leafs off your driveway/sidewalk after you have mowed the lawn to right back where they started from...the lawn. Not to mention they contribute to getting that buggery little speck of God-knows-what lodged under your contact lens. It's a never ending, vicious cycle.

Huny
Hey, that's hardly all the gas-powered broom is good for. Consider the hugemongous amount of air pollution they contribute, easily worth a fleet of school buses; not to mention keeping that dreadful neighborhood serenity thing at bay. If that's not enough, you get to spend a hundred times more that you would have for a broom and don't have to be burdened with the nuisance of controlling where the stuff goes!

the very first things on my list to ban when I'm elected Emperor...
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:58 am

Truth is, mine (electric BTW) is used to blow the grass clippings from my mulching mower back onto my own lawn. I rarely have to deal with leaves at my house. By the end of fall, they have usually blown away to the woods at the end of our dead-end street. :lol:
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Return to “Res Diversae”