teach your fish to sing?

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

teach your fish to sing?

Postby Bailey » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:21 pm

Jimmy: 'Hey, Mike! How's your new pet fish doing? You told me he was really something special.'

Mike: 'To tell the truth, I'm really disappointed in him. The guy who sold him to me said I could teach
him to sing like a bird.'

Jimmy: 'What? Let me get this straight...You bought a fish because you thought you could teach him to sing
like a bird?'

Mike: 'Well, yeah. After all, you know, he's a parrot fish.'

Jimmy: 'Now listen, Mike, while you might be able to teach a parrot to sing, you're never going to get anywhere with a parrot fish.'

Mike: 'That's what you think! It just so happens this fish CAN sing. The thing is, he's terribly off-key and it's driving me crazy. Do you know how hard it is to tuna fish?'

mark punny Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:56 pm

OK, you started it!

Of course you've heard of the type of singing grouper called a Fishermen's Quartet. It consists of a Tuna, a Second Tuna, a Bass, and a Lead. Sometimes they'll sing for a Fin, but mostly they sing just for the Halibut.

Well, it's not Cucumber the first, but here's something to wet your appetite from a master punster ... :wink:
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Return to “Res Diversae”