Tagline graveyard

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Tagline graveyard

Postby Perry Lassiter » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:46 pm

After several years on this board, I just discovered an apparently well-kept secret. The Agora is so complete it has a cemetery! But the discussion ther is lively, not morbid. I've so far not used a tagline, but have several times stopped short of "Poltergeists are the chief form of spontaneous material manifestations." from Walt Kelly. The other is "The reason for this is clear. Te distally mediate is phenomenologically immediate." Journal of Phenomenology. Amazing how equally ridiculous are a comic strip and a philosophical journal. Take a look:

http://www.alphadictionary.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=50
pl

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Tagline graveyard

Postby Slava » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:18 pm

By the way, look at its post number. 50. As with any decent society, the Agora started burying its dead not long after getting founded. After the two founders, stargzer was the 16th member of the community.

Of the first page of members, all but three have dropped by the wayside, and many of them were actually active. At least we still have eberntson, bnjtokyo, and gailr.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

eberntson
Lexiterian

Postby eberntson » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:34 am

Huh, my tag line is actually inspired by a quote is saw on a headstone in Mount Auburn Cemetary in Cambridge, Mass. What does that have to do with then price of tea in China? Nothin', just like the beginning of this thread.
EBERNTSON
Fear less, hope more;
eat less, chew more;
whine less, breathe more;
talk less, say more,
and all good things will be yours.
--R. Burns

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Long ago I updated that first tag line:
"The secret to a long marriage is to remember that divorce is too expensive and murder is too risky: you can't afford the first, and you can't afford to get caught for the second."
I used to work with a guy who went through probably four of five marriages, at least. After the third or fourth (I forget which) he finally dug himself enough out of debt to by a new townhouse by working a second job (his day job was a good-paying Government job). Then he remarried. After a while his new wife kept bugging him to put her name on the deed. He finally relented. Not too long after that she filed for divorce and took her newly-acquired half.

So, I can see how someone might begin to consider Option 2, but then, one must remember Scott Peterson and Drew Peterson.

So far I'm still on my first wife, 39 years and counting. Some advice is worth heeding. :-Þ
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Return to “Res Diversae”