language travel in Noosa?

A discussion of the peculiarities of languages and the differences between them.
brianamorgan
Junior Lexiterian

language travel in Noosa?

Postby brianamorgan » Tue May 19, 2009 3:32 am

Good day to all! I’m reading several educational travel articles or blog review especially about Sprachriesen Noosa and all the more it increases to undergo a language travel because its really quite exciting as I can foresee it. Is there anyone here can provide me some detail information about the necessary aspect or requirements to accomplish in order to forego a language travel in Noosa? Thank you.

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Wed May 20, 2009 12:08 am

I can't tell you anything about Noosa, but studying while living with native speakers was a positive experience for one of my daughters. She took a Spanish immersion course during a three-week mini-semester in Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico. She had taken the equivalent of 5 years of Spanish in high school and took this course during semester break during her senior year of college (university). The students lived with local families who were hired and paid by a local language school which contracted with her University. All courses were taught in Spanish. I guess you could thnk of it as an SSL course--Spanish as a Second Language, instead of an ESL course.

She said that all the students wanted to converse in Spanish to improve their Spanish, but the families they lived with wanted to converse in English to improve their English! She also said the she noticed that at the dinner table they'd flip back and forth between Spanish and English without skipping a beat.

Their classes included Mexican culture, with trips to Mexico City and Acapulco as well as local tours.

Her trip was in January of 2002, just four months after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on New York City and Washington DC. There were still soldiers in fatigues with M-14's patrolling the airport outside of Baltimore. I hope your trip is as safe as hers was, but without such a prominent reminder of the potential dangers.

Enjoy yourself and learn!

[I don't speak German, but my translation utility shows a difference between "Sprachriesen Noosa" and "Sprachreisen Noosa" -- "Language giant Noosa" versus "Language journeys Noosa." :D ]
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

brianamorgan
Junior Lexiterian

Postby brianamorgan » Mon May 25, 2009 2:11 am

Thank you very much for sharing her experienced to me. I hope too I would enjoy and learn in this new experience.

Return to “Languages of the World”