Chaos

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:38 pm

I quite liked the Monster Trinity. It was still smaller than Mark's Gargantuan Jack-in-the-Box. :D The new one is very tasteful, though.

-- PW
Why, thank you, PW. It took a group effort. I don't believe we have had the chance to converse untill now. It's good to meet you. I get a strong feeling your presence is very much liked around here. :wink:
BTW: Your tag line is funny! My mother uses that term often at work...she also has a roll of crime scene tape and a Louisville Slugger at her desk. One can never be to careful in corporate America these days.
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:45 pm

Ok, I've heard enough about my new avatar, so I was forced to do my self-portrait so I could upload it to my photo storage, they insist I only upload original works, and it's the only way I could get the right subject matter and small size. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?
Yes, I know as an artist I make a great plumber.

mark not-the artsy-type, Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:18 pm

I thought you were taller.
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:24 pm

I am, I had to squish up, to get the avatar small enough.

mark

kb

Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:50 pm

Ok, I've heard enough about my new avatar, so I was forced to do my self-portrait so I could upload it to my photo storage, they insist I only upload original works, and it's the only way I could get the right subject matter and small size. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?
Yes, I know as an artist I make a great plumber.

mark not-the artsy-type, Bailey
Did you really draw your avatar, Bailey? I think It's cute! It has great composition. But I will only give credit if it is your masterpiece. This one does not frighten the children.

...Ok. I think I'll go mop the floors... or something. I hate these group hug things. :oops:
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:53 pm

Did you really draw your avatar, Bailey? I think It's cute! It has great composition. But I will only give credit if it is your masterpiece. This one does not frighten the children.

...Ok. I think I'll go mop the floors... or something. I hate these group hug things. :oops:
yes, of course I drew it then scanned it, made it smaller(!) and put it in my photo storage that will delete my account if I save things that aren't original, then I got the properties and put it in my avatar section. I suppose there was an easier way but I don't know it.

mark didn't-do-the-shading-it's-a-result-of-the-scanner Bailey

kb

Palewriter
Lexiterian

Postby Palewriter » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:22 pm

yes, of course I drew it then scanned it, made it smaller(!) and put it in my photo storage that will delete my account if I save things that aren't original, then I got the properties and put it in my avatar section. I suppose there was an easier way but I don't know it.

Well I think the feet's too big. :D

-- PW
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:41 am

Well I think the feet's too big. :D

-- PW
That all depends on how tall he is. I think the feet's look suspiciously like my husbands feet's (size 14-dock side) The more I think of it, the hair line looks alot like his, too. What with the thinning on top and all. How did you know? No wonder I thought it was cute. :D

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:46 am

Well I think the feet's too big.

-- PW
Pssst, it's a clown, the shoes are clown specials

mark stay-away-from-my-red-nose Bailey

kb

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:52 pm

Bailey,soon we will need a middle name graveyard, to go with the tagline graveyard, just for you.
Last edited by Perry on Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:45 pm

naw, they are not momentous enough, I keep my tags underwraps in a folder in my docs too, I don't want to encourage any double plagerism. I steal the quote you steal it from me.... better I'm the felon, eh?

mark

kb

Dr. Goodword
Site Admin

Alpha Agora Topics

Postby Dr. Goodword » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:13 am

I am a little concerned that this thread has wandered off onto educational levels. That is not what this forum deals with and it has become sufficiently grating that moderation has been called for.

I think it best if we all keep our educational levels to ourselves--ooops! well, I think I have to mention mine to let everyone know that I do know what I'm talking about when I talk about language. Any aspersions cast towards someone because of known or presumed educational level will be responded to.

The Agora is growing at a surprising rate, 2-3 new participants per day even in the summer. New attitudes and ideas will be entering. If we need new shop topics (an Agora is a market place, after all), let me know and I will put them up.

Keep in mind that folks make mistakes. That is why the edit button is there on all your post forms. I expect some toleration of occasional slips.

However, the conversation in this forum will be kept civil. So focus on language with the assumption that we all know something and want to learn more.
• The Good Dr. Goodword

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:31 am

Don't you remember that one of the least popular posters on the other site was someone (whose name I have mercifully forgotten) whose posts were all very heavy, usually arcane, and generally contained declarations with insufficient facts to back them up. (Other than, "I remember reading something about this when I was in college". He never missed a chance to tell us that he had an ecducation.) Is that where you want to go?

BD, I doubt that that is what you are looking for. "Or do I misconstrue?"
Sorry if I opened that can of worms with the post that contained the above paragraph. I just wanted to make that point that we oughtn't go to either exreme. Not to the completely arcane, nor to the completely frivolous.

I am really not sure if BD really meant it when he labelled the humorous posts decadant. If one of our members longs for a more scholarly thread, he/she needs only to get such a thread going; and in all likelyhood it will be responded to at that same level of seriousnees.
Last edited by Perry on Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:48 am

Dr, GW, I don't know exactly what prompted this admonishment, I was merely blah, blah, blah.
What did I do wrong?[
b]Perry wrote:
I am really not sure if BD really meant it when he labelled the humorous posts decadant. If one of our members longs for a more scholarly thread, he/she needs only to get such a thread going; and in all likelyhood it will be responded to at that same level of seriousnees.
Certainly, BD is capable of posting in Portuguese, perhaps a nice pome or dissertation on a fine point in grammar where he can correct us, And It will certainly exclude me. :) There see I began a sentance with and....

mark uses-the-edit-button-a-lot Bailey

kb

Return to “Res Diversae”