PIZZA

Use this forum to discuss past Good Words.
Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:59 pm

I agree with Sunny, they should give pizza its own food group. Maybe classify it under "All purpose convenience food" I think that would about cover it. Maybe then I could get my doctor to allow me to eat a pie once in a while. Geez, I don't see what the big deal is. It has all the food groups rolled into one if you think about: You get to toss in your grains/bread group ( the dough), you got dairy (cheese), veggies (just about whatever your want on it in that group), meat group (what ever floats your boat there) and even fruit (tomato, sometimes pineapple), and let's see, oh, even fish if you want to be technical, but I would rather not.

Huny - I eat pie with a fork, pizza with my hands, but only if I know where my hands have been.

BTW: Good to meet you Sunny!
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

Sunny
Junior Lexiterian

I forgot the all important fat group!

Postby Sunny » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:51 am

How could I forget the fat group? In this day and age of low carb, low fat, no fat, no food world of eating, which I admit to participating in on a regular basis, the occasional pizza makes it all worthwhile. Not just any pizza though, it has to be great pizza, and it is my personal quest in life to seek out and find the great pizza of whatever city or town I am traveling in at the current time.

I eat my pizza with a good dry Chilean wine :roll:

Fortunately I travel all the time!

Great to meet you Huny :D I predict we will have long and humourous posts!
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love. Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC)

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:53 am

Sunny, if you go to Minnesota, I seem to remember way back in the dark ages, that the Broadway bar in N. Minneapolis has a great pizza, lots of fat thought, Which, of course is Why it's so good.

mark loves-really-good-pizza-but-lately-even-delivery-pizza-is-cruddy Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:16 am

Heard tonight from the group Tinsmith at the 333 Coffeehouse:
What's the difference between a guitarist and a large pizza?

The pizza can feed a family of four.
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

portokalos
Junior Lexiterian

Postby portokalos » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:21 am

Yes, its another greek word.You must eat tasy traditional greek πίττα.
"What is hell?" I maintain that it is the suffering of being unable to love.
Fyodor Dostoevsky-The Brothers Karamazov

Return to “Good Word Discussion”