Miscellaneous Other Topics.
sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:57 pm

nada banking institute
155 blah st.
Jackson, Mo, re: account #754e754w43q87t08
Dear Sir:
On 8-15-2006 you put a hold on $160.00 of my money, Keep in mind the error was on your part, therefore, since you are busily acruing interest on MY money I feel it's only fair I've taken a page from your own practices and I'm hereby charging you $28.00 per day on these funds, until their safe return to their proper location, towit: my bank account.
Oh and by the way, should you not be prompt in returning my money I'll be forced to report your refusal to pay this honest debt to all three credit agencies. 45 days to fix this is way beyond the bounds of good sportsmanship.

thank you and have a nice day,
Bubba Bailey

mark I-wrote-this-for-Bubba Bailey
Go Man Go! Except I think $28 a day is a bit low. :twisted:
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:37 pm

I'm so old-fashioned, I only recently started using an ATM card. Now, I just run it through a machine at the store and it asks me if I want cash back. I always like to get cash back on any deal, so I'm, like, sure. Come to find out, they're offering me MY MONEY.

Sheesh.

-- PW
PW: are they offering you Yankee dollars or Pounds Sterling? Or do they switch off to keep you off-balance? :D

Good try, Bailey, except I don't think the language is turgid enough to cover the legal contingencies in a business and/or financial setting. Good luck to Bubba Bailey!

-gailr

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:03 pm

Good try, Bailey, except I don't think the language is turgid enough to cover the legal contingencies in a business and/or financial setting. Good luck to Bubba Bailey!

-gailr
I was tring to keep it succinct. I should have tossed in a few 'Hear ye, hear ye's', and 'party of the first parts', and at least 6 where as's eh?

mark uses-Dr-Goodword's-ideas-as-they-are-needed Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:04 pm

My best buddy, who keeps watch over her banking activities like the guards at Buckingham Palace, just told me she had come across a debit from her checking account in the amount of $29.99 that she didn't remember doing. So she called her bank and inquired as to what was amiss. The bank explained, after a few hours of research, that the debit was for a fee to some sort of "match.com" dating service. "What the f--K!" , she said. The bank gave her a phone number for the ".com" company, so she called and got a nasty "associate" that told her it was probably her kids that did it and they were not going to reverse the charge. So, spunky friend of mine simply told her, "I have two kids, both girls and they are 2 and 5. Now do you want to reverse the charges?" After filing a police report, she discovered some male employee had taken her debit card number off her card when she was at a drive-thru at a Sonic. I think she said it would take up to 45 days for the credit, also. The moral to the story, boys and girls, is do not let that bank card get out of your sight! Yeah, that's the kind of guy every girl that has had her heart broken by some two-bit jerk in the past would love to hook up with on any day of the week for $29.99. :roll:

Huny- no one would get far on my debit card (nee-ner nee-ner nee-ner :P)
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:26 pm

My best buddy, who keeps watch over her banking activities like the guards at Buckingham Palace, just told me she had come across a debit from her checking account in the amount of $29.99 that she didn't remember doing. So she called her bank and inquired as to what was amiss. The bank explained, after a few hours of research, that the debit was for a fee to some sort of "match.com" dating service. "What the f--K!" , she said. The bank gave her a phone number for the ".com" company, so she called and got a nasty "associate" that told her it was probably her kids that did it and they were not going to reverse the charge. So, spunky friend of mine simply told her, "I have two kids, both girls and they are 2 and 5. Now do you want to reverse the charges?" After filing a police report, she discovered some male employee had taken her debit card number off her card when she was at a drive-thru at a Sonic. I think she said it would take up to 45 days for the credit, also. The moral to the story, boys and girls, is do not let that bank card get out of your sight! Yeah, that's the kind of guy every girl that has had her heart broken by some two-bit jerk in the past would love to hook up with on any day of the week for $29.99. :roll:

Huny- no one would get far on my debit card (nee-ner nee-ner nee-ner :P)
Huny, I agree with your friend, I had that happen to me once; I check my bank account everyday and someone at the company I'd purchased something off the 'net used my information to buy something, fortunately it was a small amount, I had to sign forms and holler self-rightiously but it got fixed, what didn't help was the fact that the item purchased was sent to my home address, but finally it got all straightened out. I think this person figured he wouldn't get caught if he ordered something that went to someone else.
My account is pretty much fraud proof, if it took $5.00 to go around the world they'd not get enough to get across the street.

mark not-solvent-but-runny-nonetheless Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Return to “Res Diversae”