Instant advertising

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:28 am

First time I ran across the trunk monkey was about 7 years ago or so--a car dealer in Sandy, Or was running them.
There's an entire series of them--absolutely hilarious!

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Instant advertising

Postby Perry » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:21 am

The best spoof on Priceless was a film clip I saw once. It is rather risque, but I will quote it nevertheless.
Absolutely disgusting. Only a complete degenerate would want to watch such filth.

-- PW
I was sent that one in an email. I did say it was risque. What made it funny for me was not the sexual allusions; but rather the incongruity of the father's ire at the very banal intercom disturbing his sleep.

Thanks for the link. I see that I slightly misquoted the cost and the setups.
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:11 pm

Where to post this, where to post this...

OK, how about here.

-gailr

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:23 pm

Vell, Ve are sinking zat you need to learn English. lol

mark of-course-he-got-it-better-than-I-would-in-german Bailey
please forgive my typos I broke my computer glasses, really, I even spell my name wrong sometimes

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:38 pm

Where to post this, where to post this...

OK, how about here.

-gailr
I love that one. So vat are you sinking about?

And who has seen Mama Said I Could?

On another note, who has seen the series of TV spots for Mens' Wearhouse? They are very effective. The tagline, "you'll like how you look...I guarantee it!", works so well; thanks to the brilliant intimate delivery of the company CEO.
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:58 pm

and of course miss Normal All-American girl here
"I mean like I was so totally like, you know..."
oy vey

mark in-love-with-you-tube Bailey

kb

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:29 am

It's a good thing that she "totally came home". It would be so hard on her if she left some parts behind. :roll:
Anonymous

Palewriter
Lexiterian

Postby Palewriter » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:45 am

I'm, like, totally...oh, man...I mean, like...it's the most awesome story...like, ever. Totally.

-- PW
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:40 pm

If she's really, like, um, an actress, then maybe she should, like, you know, write a , um, script and, maybe, like, uh, rehearse it before she, um, goes before a camera to um, tell all?

To quote the AFLAC Duck (at the end of the commercial "Berra at the Barber") -- "ohhhhh-OHHHHHHHH-ohhhhhh!"
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:34 pm

Dudes! I, like, so totally could not watch the whole thing. She's, like, so trying to talk like she's with her peeps, who would so have interrupted her, like, immediately, to tell their own, um, [insert hysterical laughter] most embarassing moments OMG!

-gailr

In the absence of reinforcement noises she's just going on and on and on...was she auditioning for Energizer? William Shakespeare would have maruelled to heare this straunge speech; marry, thinke you not he vvould haue reproduced it faythefuly for the poore clowne or asse in his next play.

Huny
Lexiterian

Re: Instant advertising

Postby Huny » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:47 pm

Priceless: "A weekend in Aleppo...$500; a ride on a one-eyed, farty camel...$2.50; 24% APR on this lousy credit card....priceless."
-- PW

For some reason, this reminds me of some choice words I have for those who butt in on a conversation I may be having with someone: "If I wanted to hear from an a$$hole, I would have farted". I know, I know, I'll go wash my mouth out with some huny so I will say sweeter things. :twisted: I was just being honest...

I hope I'm not giving Sunny a drinking problem again. :shock:

Huny- I-should-be-thinking-about-expanding-my-vocabulary :oops:
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:08 am

WOW, Huny, you are really able to exppress yourself, I am tainted o'er much by the societal pressures of nicities. I wish I had your Chutzpa.

mark whose-mother-would-wash-the-mouth-out-with-soap-even-though-deceased Bailey

kb

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:59 pm

WOW, Huny, you are really able to exppress yourself, I am tainted o'er much by the societal pressures of nicities. I wish I had your Chutzpa.

mark whose-mother-would-wash-the-mouth-out-with-soap-even-though-deceased Bailey
No, that was just brutal honesty, gaucheness (she did say she was left-handed, I thought :wink: ), or jus' plain ol' cussedness, not Chutzpah.

True Chutzpah is murdering your parents and then asking the court for leniency because you are an orphan. :shock:
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Sunny
Junior Lexiterian

Postby Sunny » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:29 pm

I hope I'm not giving Sunny a drinking problem again.

Oh the rumours that will fly now! Thanks Huny!

:D
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love. Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC)

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:11 pm

Sunny,

Your problem is that you aren't ventriloquist material. I.e. you can't drink and breath at the same time. But hey, as long as you don't short out your screen, or write with water soluble inks, spray away :!: 8)
Anonymous

Return to “Res Diversae”