any information on a fun Message group?

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

any information on a fun Message group?

Postby Bailey » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:39 pm

I'm looking for a decent MG to go to, something fun, not contentious just a cool group of people like this one, There's not enough happening, I want more. Anyone know of another fun site like this?

mark not-leaving-wanting-to-augment Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Dr. Goodword
Site Admin

What happened to this one?

Postby Dr. Goodword » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:10 pm

Something must have happened when I wasn't looking. What happened to this one? It was growing--still seems to be despite the high level of spam (which we are filtering out)--but no one is coming in any more. No one has mentioned any major problems and we have responded to all the minor ones.
• The Good Dr. Goodword

Palewriter
Lexiterian

Postby Palewriter » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:56 pm

Apparently, it all went to Hell in a Handbasket when I came back.

Word of the Day: PARIAH

:-)

-- PW
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:13 am

Apparently, it all went to Hell in a Handbasket when I came back.
Palewriter, I thought you were just one of the Four Horsemen; now here you are grabbing credit for the entire 'apocollapse'. Geez, you advertising types are full of yourselves...

For your penance, submit ten posts to WOTD and ten posts to another thread of your choice. And put the handbasket down, dear. Handbaskets may be the new fanny pack, but this fad won't last.

-gailr :D

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:56 am

Naw, PW you aren't to blame, We had an extraordinary amount of traffic when Perry et al were punning themselves sick, volume begets interest, When it was kiboshed, volume nearly ceased, Interest died down, But! and this is a big but... Interest like anything else has it's ebb and flow. This too will be rectified, interest will again be back. In the meantime, I am still looking for a second MG to visit, you see interest here at work has ebbed and I was hoping for some extra diversion........

mark bored Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:58 am

Oh so now I take the rap, eh? Well you'll never get me copper, never! You hear me? Nah! [Pushes fedora off the brow, hooks thumbs behind lapels of suit-coat and cocks chin upwards defiantly.)

Actually, I thought that we were punning ourselves to health (healing power of laughter and all that). And once again to all of you serious types (put your hand down Bailey, you are one of us bi-polars), there is no reason that our humor should keep you from making serious postings.

If you are looking for another bulletin board, feel free to register for the Taekwondo Bulletin Board. You don't absolutely have to be a martial artist to enjoy our bulletin board. We even have had a thread going of "guess the origin of this movie quote" (you need to guess the character and the film).

Dr. Goodword, perhaps the Agorans have mass converted to Judaism, and are too busy with the Days of Awe to post here? :lol: (Although I didn't see Sluggo in synagogue on Rosh HaShana this past weekend.)
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:25 am

. . . Dr. Goodword, perhaps the Agorans have mass converted to Judaism, and are too busy with the Days of Awe to post here? :lol: (Although I didn't see Sluggo in synagogue on Rosh HaShana this past weekend.)
For a short while I considered Islam, thinking the month-long fast of Ramadan would do me good; but then I figured I'd probably just make up for lost time come sunset. :wink: I guess I'll stay with Lent. 8)

Perry, I have a friend who was in Viet Nam. When he first got in country, he noticed that a chopper would show up Friday evening and take all the Jewish soldiers back to Chou Lai for temple services. Shortly after sunset the weekend mortars would start pouring in. By the next week he had changed his religion of record and joined the soldiers on the chopper. Not being a total hypocrite, but merely smart, he joined them for services, and eventually became the cantor for the Chou Lai congregation during his time there, picking up a little Hebrew and Yiddish along the way. That's his story at least, and having known him for 32 years, I believe it. :wink:
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:20 am

(Although I didn't see Sluggo in synagogue on Rosh HaShana this past weekend.)
Now Perry, you know my gig is Purim. It's all about the Hammantaschen.
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

Return to “Res Diversae”