Alphadictionary.com

Our Sponsors

Technical Translation
Website Translation Clip Art
 

Where is everybody?

What's new at alphaDictionary.com and The Lexiteria.

Postby Stargzer » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:21 pm

Sunny wrote:

Coffee everywhere! . . .


I tried to warn you . . .
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee
User avatar
Stargzer
Grand Panjandrum
 
Posts: 2551
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:56 pm
Location: Crownsville, MD

Postby tcward » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:26 pm

I have been extremely busy at work, and traveling to boot... And I'm really not sure when my schedule will reach some sort of normalcy.

However, I do believe the 100-200 users online probably represented 150 or more... shall we say, non-people?

-Tim
User avatar
tcward
Senior Lexiterian
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:18 pm
Location: The Old North State

Postby Bailey » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:36 pm

Well, Tim, WE are still here are we not enough?

I believe that Dr. GW also raised this point recently; see http://www.alphadictionary.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=12561&highlight=#12561

mark Skinem-is-away-on-business Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb








Bailey
Grand Panjandrum
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:51 pm

Postby sluggo » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:52 am

Bailey wrote:Well, Tim, WE are still here are we not enough?

I believe that Dr. GW also raised this point recently; see http://www.alphadictionary.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=12561&highlight=#12561

mark Skinem-is-away-on-business Bailey


Bailey, I can't figger out how you got a link to go right to a specific message rather than the top of the page [/offtopic]
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!
sluggo
Grand Panjandrum
 
Posts: 1476
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:58 pm
Location: Carolinia Agrestícia: The Forest Primeval

Postby Stargzer » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:14 pm

sluggo wrote:
Bailey wrote:Well, Tim, WE are still here are we not enough?

I believe that Dr. GW also raised this point recently; see http://www.alphadictionary.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=12561&highlight=#12561

mark Skinem-is-away-on-business Bailey


Bailey, I can't figger out how you got a link to go right to a specific message rather than the top of the page [/offtopic]


As Capt. Kirk said in The Wrath of Kahn, "You have to understand how a starship works."

I was doing it the hard way (doing a View Source and pawing through the code) until I just now finally saw how the page was constructed and figured out a shortcut (pun intended).

At the top of each post is a line something on this order:

Image Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:25 am


Notice the icon before the word "Posted." It looks kinda like a page with one corner bent down. If you hover your mouse pointer over it you'll see the little hand appear that indicates a link. It's a link to that particular post. Do a right-click, select Copy Shortcut from the popup menu, then go paste the link into an URL tag in your post. Voila! You have a link to a particular post!

Example:

For definition of Loop see: Loop.
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee
User avatar
Stargzer
Grand Panjandrum
 
Posts: 2551
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:56 pm
Location: Crownsville, MD

Postby Bailey » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:12 pm

Or you could just do a search, go to the page by clicking on and copy and paste from the address bar.

mark typically-lazy Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb








Bailey
Grand Panjandrum
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:51 pm

Postby sluggo » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:28 pm

Stargzer wrote:...Notice the icon before the word "Posted." It looks kinda like a page with one corner bent down. If you hover your mouse pointer over it you'll see the little hand appear that indicates a link. It's a link to that particular post. Do a right-click, select Copy Shortcut from the popup menu, then go paste the link into an URL tag in your post. Voila! You have a link to a particular post!...


Waaaaay kewl! It must be the 'scope, I never noticed.

Bailey: I'm all for lazy but you wouldn't get the exact post.
Nice Carlin line too. So true.
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!
sluggo
Grand Panjandrum
 
Posts: 1476
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:58 pm
Location: Carolinia Agrestícia: The Forest Primeval

Postby Bailey » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:45 pm

I'm all for lazy but you wouldn't get the exact post.

it works for me. I use the search function, for the exact post I want, then in search results I click on that post and c & P the results in the address bar.

mark I'm-so-misunderstood-waaa! Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb








Bailey
Grand Panjandrum
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:51 pm

Previous

Return to Site News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests