Music for New Year's Eve

A discussion of the peculiarities of languages and the differences between them.
Muriel1960
Junior Lexiterian

Music for New Year's Eve

Postby Muriel1960 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:20 am

I'm preparing a small party for New Year's Eve. I'd like you to give me some good songs,which will make us havig a good time.

I have found this website: Song Words. If you wish to sing some :)
Last edited by Muriel1960 on Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Object id #5

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:54 pm

Well, of course, I think it's law that "Party Like It's 1999" is part of the play list.
I, of course, hate it. My tastes don't seem to run on the "commercially successful" side.
For an eclectic mix, you could just play songs from Southern Kulture on the Skids...

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:43 am

Garth Hudson's version of Auld Lang Syne, on a live New Year's Eve concert album of the The Band.
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Re: Music for New Year's Eve

Postby sluggo » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:38 pm

I'm preparing a small party for New Year's Eve. I'd like you to give me some good songs,which will make us havig a good time.
Happy Birthday? (12/29) :wink:
How 'bout a slew of wassail and Hogmanay singalongs... start with Steeleye Span's "The King"and John Roberts/Tony Barrand -depending on how folksy the crowd

As a radio programmer I used to put theme music together for all sorts of occasions but there's a dearth here, prolly due to our setting the new year on an arbitrary date with no tradition behind it :(
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

Return to “Languages of the World”