Precocious

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:42 pm

I had forgotten about the Buggles, sluggles. :!:

Although I once created a stunning assemblage also titled "Video Killed the Radio Star". It was très, très décadent et indigne, I thought at its public debut.

I'd have to say I'm more of a Rutles fan, myself.

-gailr

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:59 pm

I had forgotten about the Buggles, sluggles. :!:
Hey, why should I be the only one to suffer? :wink:
...I'd have to say I'm more of a Rutles fan, myself.

-gailr
Me 2. There's something to clear the Buggles out the brain.
Five or 76 years ago (depending on who you believe) when some layabouts and I formed a jugband we immediately and without plan aforethought began all speaking to each other in British accents both on- and offstage; a way of channeling the Rutles (with a twist of Spinal Tap). Your links were another welcome diversion, leading back to another related favourite, the Bonzo Dog Band, which in turn led back to this ad for Ruddles Ale....

Not back to topic but at least almost where I came in - - -
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:59 am

(with a twist of Spinal Tap)
To eleven?

By the way, did I ever say I hate dial-up?

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:27 am

(with a twist of Spinal Tap)
To eleven?

By the way, did I ever say I hate dial-up?
Eleven indeed.

Sorry 'bout your dial-up; suffice to say that you're missing ...well, a lot actually. Three good Bonzo videos plus the ad. I might have continued with Beatles doing Shakespeare... but that would wend offtopic... innit?

btw Skin a belated salute to your CCR post, which surely got this thread precociously offtopic (et voilà, back on topic!). You musta covered ninety-nine and a half percent of Revivalist History.

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:43 pm

btw Skin a belated salute to your CCR post, which surely got this thread precociously offtopic (et voilà, back on topic!). You musta covered ninety-nine and a half percent of Revivalist History.
again, no one, but Skinny even noticed my CCR references at the very beginning of the thread, but maybe I'm just too subtle.

mark no-credit-I-tell-you Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:03 pm

again, no one, but Skinny even noticed my CCR references at the very beginning of the thread, but maybe I'm just too subtle.

Sorry Bail, I (we?) took that as merely a nod to your previous GoodWord suggestion in lieu of a CR component. Skinny revived it though, and I daresay after his run through the jungle there were few cards left for us poorboys to shuffle. :roll:

PS Skinemen, like your tagline too- goes with mine like a tag team :)

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:06 pm

Wouldn't have happened without you, Bailey! Your post tickled me quite a bit. Just so happened to be a band I loved when young and backward (and still enjoy reviving at times).

And speaking of backward--I live in an area where no high speed hookups are available thus making it tough to be technologically precocious, or even technologically current.

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:00 pm

Wouldn't have happened without you, Bailey! Your post tickled me quite a bit. Just so happened to be a band I loved when young and backward (and still enjoy reviving at times).

And speaking of backward--I live in an area where no high speed hookups are available thus making it tough to be technologically precocious, or even technologically current.
Hey Skin, I need a new band, being a Katrinite and all, if you wanna revive in your travels...

On the internets connection- have you considered satellite? My Katrina refuge house-on-the-mountain in NC had this and worked like a dream.

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:24 pm

I see Skinny, and I thought I lived in the wilderness, yet I do have DSL, our cable company here is comcast and since their TV is off so much I chose DSL rather than the supposedly faster cable.

mark not-so-fast-but-faster-than-dial-up Bailey

Skinny you do do regular ad-aware scans I hope, that will slow you down too if you have lots of spyware on your pc. Choose ad-aware it's the best and it's free!

kb

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:55 pm

Moving back topicward (ahem), if you have colour comics, today's Sherman's Lagoon recalls Gailr's instigation of music-in-the-head

Slug-hey, I only said topicward-go

[Never mind, out of date now]
Last edited by sluggo on Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:50 pm

I also thought the CCR references were "parfait et comme il faut". No additions were needed.
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:28 pm

On the internets connection- have you considered satellite? My Katrina refuge house-on-the-mountain in NC had this and worked like a dream.
Yup-looked at satellite...not really willing to thin out the woods enough for it to work...so to some extent, it's my own fault I still have dialp-up.
What I don't understand is that we do have cable TV here, (Charter) and they advertise cable internet, yet say it isn't available here. Sigh...

Bailey, yup, I use both Adaware and Spybot-they both seem to pick up things the other doesn't. And free is a great price!

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:25 pm

The awesome port-a-geek who de-bugged my pc turned me onto AVG [FREE!] and insisted I delete all my spyware programs But Ad-aware. I'm worm and virus free! no more pops up-over-unders.

mark just-an-aside-Sluggo-gettagrip Bailey

kb

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:41 am

mark just-an-aside-Sluggo-gettagrip Bailey
huh :?:

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:29 am

huh :?:
Moving back topicward (ahem),
this.
mark trying-to-stay-on-topic Bailey

kb

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”