new tool definitions

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
William
Junior Lexiterian

Postby William » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:30 pm

skinem, Baily,

Thanks for the great tips! I can't wait to being using them!

William

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:08 pm

If there are three pair, you might have one for cutting curves to the right, one to the left, and one for cutting straight on.
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:51 am

Hey Gzer. Not everyone is a cut-up. :wink:
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

William
Junior Lexiterian

Postby William » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:49 pm

If there are three pair, you might have one for cutting curves to the right, one to the left, and one for cutting straight on.
Yes, that's exactly what was in the package. I discarded the ones that cut to the left, they seemed uncomfortable with me. The ones that cut to the center and to the right seem to be fine with me though. (No offense to those who cut to the left, I have some very good friends who are lefties, sort of).

William

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:18 pm

I have some very good friends who are lefties, sort of
LOL sounds like it's one of those, "Not that there's anything wrong with that." statements.
I especially appreciated the 'sort of' I know what you mean.

mark speaks-my-mind-why-shouldn't-others? Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:39 am

Yes, that's exactly what was in the package. I discarded the ones that cut to the left, they seemed uncomfortable with me. The ones that cut to the center and to the right seem to be fine with me though. (No offense to those who cut to the left, I have some very good friends who are lefties, sort of).

William
YIPES! So what happens when you need to make a left-curving cut? I know about those because I spent a month or so doing aluminum siding one summer in my youth. To do a complete job you do need all three. Ah, well ...
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

William
Junior Lexiterian

Postby William » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:00 pm

YIPES! So what happens when you need to make a left-curving cut? I know about those because I spent a month or so doing aluminum siding one summer in my youth. To do a complete job you do need all three. Ah, well ...
Yeah. I guess it does take all kinds to make a, um...a complete world of cutting tools.

William

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:39 pm

turn your work over; continue going right.

mark it's-really-just-part-of-construction-common-sense Bailey

kb

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:04 pm

turn your work over; continue going right.

mark it's-really-just-part-of-construction-common-sense Bailey
...if it's small enough to turn over! I hope you wouldn't be working on something that large with tin snips!

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:37 pm

iffen it ain't small enough to turn over you need to hire out to the caterpillar crew, and use a much bigger cutter than one you got three fer $9.95!

mark hard-hats Bailey

kb

William
Junior Lexiterian

Postby William » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:54 pm

iffen it ain't small enough to turn over you need to hire out to the caterpillar crew, and use a much bigger cutter than one you got three fer $9.95!
What a great idea. My birthday is just on the horizon and maybe if I sweet talk my better half sufficiently I'll get a surprise birthday present in the driveway. What a great toy a full sized caterpillar would make! I could cut a wide swath with one of those.

But no, it's really just an M-T dream. My wife has been up the hill and over the ridge and I don't think I'm going to be able to pull it off. But it would bring back lots of memories from my youth when I once could cut a wide swath. (I'm not saying I DID cut a wide swath, just saying I COULD).

William

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:10 pm

I had some sheet metal to cut today, no wide swaths, just getting to the other side, my snips cost a great deal more, for one than $9.95. I barely made it through it. Good luck with your right cuts and left cuts,

mark snipping-it-up Bailey

kb

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:26 pm

Is that why you rarely change your sheets?
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:42 pm

Is that why you rarely change your sheets?
I never change the sheets, it's not in my job discription.

mark takes-the-garbage-out Bailey

kb

Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:46 am

Speaking of tools. How about the leaf blower. All they seem to be good for is blowing the leafs off your driveway/sidewalk after you have mowed the lawn to right back where they started from...the lawn. Not to mention they contribute to getting that buggery little speck of God-knows-what lodged under your contact lens. It's a never ending, vicious cycle.

Huny
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

Return to “Res Diversae”