Some celebratory terms this week ... just to keep you in the festive mood!
advent, carols, epiphany, Yule, Frankincense, manger, secular, wassail, nativity, baubles
1. secular songs to accompany dancing during communal celebrations
2. a trough or box used to hold food for stable animals
3. the four week period preceding Christmas which serves as a time of reflection in preparation for the celebration of the Nativity (from the Latin adventus 'coming')
4. the custom of toasting to each others health, a custom that has woven itself into Christmas traditions
5. an aromatic resin from the Boswellia Thurifera tree and used in incense, perfume and embalming fluids. One of the gifts presented to Jesus by the Wise Men
6. the birth of Jesus
7. a life changing event; the last of the 12 days of Christmas, this celebrates the revelation of Christ to the gentiles, as represented by the visiting Wise Men
8. shiny trinkets and ornaments, traditionally made from glass, used in Christmas decorations
9. ancient pagan festival celebrating the Winter Solstice and the coming spring around the 21st of December
10. not religious
Miscellaneous Other Topics.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest