wordies

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

wordies

Postby Bailey » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:27 pm

The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).

(Yep, I knew you were going to 'do' this one.)

There are only four words in the English language which end in 'dous': tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.

(You're not doubting this, are you?)

There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: 'abstemious' and 'facetious.' (Yes, admit it, you are going to say, a e i o u)
TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard. (All you typists are going to test this out
mb

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:43 pm

Why are you trying to control us. :?
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Cacasenno
Lexiterian

Re: wordies

Postby Cacasenno » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:59 pm

The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).

(Yep, I knew you were going to 'do' this one.)

There are only four words in the English language which end in 'dous': tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.

(You're not doubting this, are you?)

There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: 'abstemious' and 'facetious.' (Yes, admit it, you are going to say, a e i o u)
TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard. (All you typists are going to test this out
mb

The longest palindrome in any language is the Finnish Saippuakivikauppias. For a translation , please consult a Finnish-English dictionary :) To uncork your tongue, please consult a logotherapist :D

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:37 pm

Why are you trying to control us. :?
Am I?

Shirley not.

mB

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Return to “Res Diversae”