Brain Food?

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Brain Food?

Postby Slava » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:32 pm

In a local advertising newspaper, there was a column on how to lose weight and keep it off. One item suggested avoiding things in aluminum cans, because:

"Aluminum can be absorbed by your colon and many nervous system disorders...are linked to excessive aluminum in delicate brain tissue."

Are they telling me I have my head up my you-know-what?
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:07 pm

Can it, Slava...

:wink:

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:08 pm

Can it, Slava...

:wink:
Careful, or I'll pop my top. Or are you just pulling my tab?
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Brain Food?

Postby Stargzer » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:34 pm

In a local advertising newspaper, there was a column on how to lose weight and keep it off. One item suggested avoiding things in aluminum cans, because:

"Aluminum can be absorbed by your colon and many nervous system disorders...are linked to excessive aluminum in delicate brain tissue."

Are they telling me I have my head up my you-know-what?
In your case we'll assume the aluminum is being absorbed and redistributed by your circulatory system.

However, I remember a comic years ago saying that President Reagan " ... had a pre-cancerous growth removed from his nose and an polyp removed from his colon. Does this tell you where this man's head is?"

:lol:
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:01 pm

No fear. Aluminum is just Munimula spelled backwards. (Anyone remember Ruff and Ready?)
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:58 pm

Medical references sound more imposing with the British version: aluminium.

Link to American Heritage Dictionary -- heh heh heh

Ruff and Ready isn't ringing any bells. But then, I've drunk my share of carbonated beverages from aluminium cans, so I may have just forgotten them...

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Re: Brain Food?

Postby sluggo » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:42 am

That's food for thought.

(can a can can cancer?)
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:59 pm

No fear. Aluminum is just Munimula spelled backwards. (Anyone remember Ruff and Ready?)
Yes, I do, and I remember Munimula, but for some reason I thought it was from Rocky and Bullwinkle.

So much for my memory ...
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Return to “Res Diversae”