Language is a virus

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
uncronopio
Lexiterian

Language is a virus

Postby uncronopio » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:36 pm

I came across an intersting site: Language is a virus. There are many tools to play with language, including virtual magnetic poetry. 'Fragrant mirrors of bitter polish'.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." -- Mark Twain

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:04 pm

Hard to believe, but nearly 4 years later this site still exists. The magnetic poetry is fun. I used to have real magnets, but had a wood-encased refrigerator. Oops.

I came up with a phrase in honor Farah Fawcett: immense tresses.

Another pairing was: withered cathedrals. Not sure what to do with it, but I like it nonetheless.

I hope others will play, too.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:03 pm

The magnetic poetry wasn't working. So I selected "cut it up" from the list of widgets. This is the cut up version of the first verse of Bob Dylan's Tangled Up in Blue.
if shining laying Papa's laying enough road be was still out shining sun was Lord road Rain in rough knows like standing standing big shining Tangled rough the paid shoes up Her Mama's I've Wond'ring blue. if folks out Rain East paid was gonna getting Lord they dues If she'd And on morning in Coast all shining lives the the if like she'd sun rough lives hair East Tangled like Rain Early And dress rough for through out dress red all dress
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:14 pm

That's fun. It reads, almost, as if it made sense.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:14 pm

Sounds as incomprehensible as any of Dylan's later music. Sometimes I think Dylan could cough, snort, sneeze, clear his throat, and fart, and the critics and die-hard fanboys would think it was his best work yet. To me, it would be about the same as the last time I saw him on tour with Willie Nelson. My brother bought the tickets. We got there late and only heard the last few tunes by the warm-up band. They were the best part of the night. Willie seemed to be rushing through his songs just to get them over with, and Dylan was his usual incoherent self. I'll take a Tom Rush concert any day.
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:11 pm

I've heard that Dylan is very inconsistent in the quality of his live performances. I have been enjoying the musicality of his last two releases.

Something that is fun in this region is hearing all of the bluegrass covers of Dylan's work. You can check out WNCW's great music picks via the internet at http://www.wncw.org.
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:48 am

Speaking of bluegrass covers, I get a kick out of Hayseed Dixie--I first heard them doing bluegrass covers of AC/DC songs...bluegrass "Highway to Hell" is pretty funny.
They do original music as well, but, as you can also tell from their name, they got their start doing AC/DC covers.

http://www.hayseed-dixie.com/genesis.html

brianamorgan
Junior Lexiterian

Re: Language is a virus

Postby brianamorgan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:58 pm

I came across an intersting site: Language is a virus. There are many tools to play with language, including virtual magnetic poetry. 'Fragrant mirrors of bitter polish'.
I like the site and shared it to my writer friends. Well, they really enjoyed the site. One of my friend is a fan of Rimbaud and loves poetry. I was glad to help my friend. Thanks for sharing this site!

LukeJavan8
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby LukeJavan8 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:18 pm

I love the "withered cathedrals". Europe if full of them.
Reminds me of a lady on a tour of Britain, who kept notes
of the sites, frequently writing "ABC" in her notes.
Finally I asked her what it meant, and she said:
"another bloody castle".
-----please, draw me a sheep-----

Return to “Res Diversae”