Brewers add chorizo to sausage race

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Brewers add chorizo to sausage race

Postby Bailey » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:50 pm

OH NO, here we are in the midst of a very important decision and I am adding more pork to the mix. Oy vey I'm so bad. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060728/ap_ ... usage race
Here is a small sample, only the non-serious need to check the link, Please, My intent is not to offend but to enjoy life in the way I know best. Forgive me for being silly, I'm so sorry and so driven.By the way Perry's list is incomplete; PW is my hero.
Chorizo will be put through the grind in the minor league, so he can get some extra seasoning before rejoining the other sausages next season, Melvin said.
mark

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:25 pm

I don't know what the PW list is, so I can't comment on that, but the Subject of this post caught my eye.

Here's an updated link to the story: http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/news/a ... p&c_id=mil

It had me going until I got to the story.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:47 pm

PW is probably Palewriter (John), one of our earlier denizens who also hopped over from the Site Which Shall Remain Nameless. PW, who worked in advertising as I recall, was from our Second Largest State. He's one of the ones whose postings I miss dearly, along with M. Henri Day, Grant Hutchinson, BD (Brazilian Dude), uncronopio, and many others.
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Aye, as a young pup on this board I recall reading many posts from all these people and not daring to dive in. Then I did, and it was great, as no one thought me an idiot, or at least they didn't come out and say so. Why did they all leave, and so suddenly? Any ideas, anyone? These people were the life of the board, and except for the odd little blast from Henri a month or so ago, they are all moribund. Any ideas on how to resurrect them? Drag them, kicking and screaming, back to the Agora, where we might trade barbs, or at the very least, words, with them?

Not to say that our new posters aren't in the same league. It's just that we do miss our old friends. I know I'm pushing it there, making myself part of "we," but....
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:43 pm

Hey, you've been around this incarnation of Agora for a good while!

Well, at least one didn't think the Agora was as "academic" as he wanted it to be, although I think he still might correspond with Dr. Goodword with a few suggestions of his own. I'm still on Agoraphile's warped humor list, so I know he's still alive and well; he does edit the GWOTD at times, I'm told. Doc said he hasn't heard from Grant for a long time. I missed Henri's post in Feb 2010--that may have been in the second of the back-to-back blizzards we had; I'd've been too busy getting the snow-blower running back then. I wish I had seen it, even though he's far to the left of me, even on a geographic basis. :-Þ

I didn't have any spare time for a while; still don't but I'm trying to make some.

Then there's the mysterious Dr. Audra Himes, lost long ago, on that other place ...
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:58 am

I've been on hiatus for awhile, for an interesting mix of Real World Stuff. I must also confess that I have been happily shedding all education and conversational skills in order t'poste in pyratese, loike, in annuvver locayshun.

Some blaggard 'as bin postin werdes ov thee daye theyre, witch mayde me lonesum fer me olde agora-maytes. I'll be catching up on recent WOTD posts and looking forward to rejoining the discussion.

-gailr

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:28 pm

I've been on hiatus for awhile, for an interesting mix of Real World Stuff. I must also confess that I have been happily shedding all education and conversational skills in order t'poste in pyratese, loike, in annuvver locayshun.

Some blaggard 'as bin postin werdes ov thee daye theyre, witch mayde me lonesum fer me olde agora-maytes. I'll be catching up on recent WOTD posts and looking forward to rejoining the discussion.

-gailr
Welcome Home, gailr! Y'alls been missed.

Y'er a wee early with the pirate talk, though. That's not 'til Sept. 19.

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:16 am

Yarrrgh; fer us that be "talk loike a lanlubber daye".

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:32 pm

Yarrrgh; fer us that be "talk loike a lanlubber daye".
Ah, I see you've been far, far away. I hope your return trip won't be disappointing.

Renaissance Fair, perhaps?

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:36 pm

MRF (Maryland Renaissance Festival) starts August 28 for "Nine Glorious Weekends" as it was once put to me. Someday I intend to buy the Fairever Pass and spend all day at the White Hart Tavern, have them soak me up in a sponge at the end of the day, and wring me out by the front gate so I'll be there early for the next day. Work, money, and my wife have conspired to keep me from that lo these many years, but one of these Faire days ...

If you're in the area, this is a large faire with it's own site complete with live entertainment, a storyline that changes each year (Henry VIII did have six wives, after all), permanent structures including the jousting ground, several theatres, a pipe organ, shops, food, and, oh yes, Taverns!
Regards//Larry

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Sat May 01, 2010 7:08 pm

We have a few taverns at the Ren Fair in Sterling, NY, too.

Drop by for a visit: http://sterlingfestival.com/

I love how the characters all work to speak some form of period English. It does make for a special day.

If you're going to be there here, drop me a PM and perhaps we can meet. I'm less than an hour away. We can study our OE together, eh?

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Sun May 02, 2010 3:32 am

Looks comprehensive! I have a brother in Oneonta, which Google Maps says is 2 hours and 45 minutes away, give or take a couple of minutes, no matter which of three routes you take, from 169 mile to 124 miles.

However, I don't foresee a NY trip in my future this summer. Too much going on around here for now. I'm only a couple of hours from Lewisburg, the home world for the Alpha Agora (As well as the site (nearby) of the Joseph Priestly house -- he was a famous chemist and religious dissenter who left England when a mob burned down his house, thinking that he and his family were still in it. So much for religious freedom in Jolly Olde England -- and he wasn't even a Catholic! Benjamin Franklin convinced him to come to Pennsylvania.)

If you get there, raise a flagon or two for me; I'll do the same down here for you, even if I don't get to MRF this year.

Now where'd that bottle of House of Lords get off to ... ?
Regards//Larry

Return to “Res Diversae”