One, Two, Three!

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

One, Two, Three!

Postby Stargzer » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:16 pm

Set your VCT, Tivo, or DVD Recorder!

One, Two, Three, the Cold War Classic Comedy / Satire with James Cagney as a Coca-Cola Executive in West Berlin, is on Turner Classic Movies Wednesday at 6:00 pm!

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I did catch the end a month or so ago, and it's still one of the funniest endings I've ever seen. And no, I won't tell you how it ends! No spoilers here! Just watch it! :lol:

(Hey, this IS the Res Diversae Forum, for diverse things that may not be related to linguistics.)
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Tue May 18, 2010 8:39 pm

Wow, a stargzer post without comment! How could that happen?

Here's more information on the movie if you wish: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055256/

It's available on DVD, but EXPENSIVE: One, Two, Three.

It does sound like fun, but I'll have to wait for a used copy. Or until I win the lottery.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Wed May 19, 2010 8:46 am

Thanks for the heads up.
Great movie that I haven't seen in years.

bnjtokyo

Postby bnjtokyo » Thu May 20, 2010 12:43 am

Thank you.
Last edited by bnjtokyo on Sun May 23, 2010 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Thu May 20, 2010 8:33 am

Dear Skinem,

According to the Jefferson Encyclopedia at the Unversity of Virginia Library
(http://wiki.monticello.org/mediawiki/in ... otation%29)
They have never found anything like "A governement big enough . . . ." in Jefferson's writing. The only source they could find is Gerald R. Ford's address to a joint session of Congress on August 12, 1974.

Please correct the attribution in your tag line. This false attribution to Jefferson does him a great disservice.

Thank you.
Thanks. Attribute it to whomever you wish, that's whom my source attributed it to. If Ford said it, great. Don't know that it does a disservice to Jefferson as it is much in line with his thoughts.

I was about to change it any way.

bnjtokyo

Postby bnjtokyo » Thu May 20, 2010 9:06 am

Dear Skinem,

I must protest: I never said any such thing.
I believe accuracy in matters like this are the sin qua non.
Otherwise we are in an Orwellian world where "War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength"

--"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." S. L. Clemens

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Fri May 21, 2010 1:43 am

Dear Skinem,

Otherwise we are in an Orwellian world where "War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength"
I thought we arrrived there on January 20, 2009?
--"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." S. L. Clemens
Now that DOES sound like my favorite author!

And speaking of Thomas Jefferson ...

And speaking of the man who said he was a Ford, not a Lincoln ...

[I'll have to stop editing these posts every time I get a new thought. It's keeping my Post Count down.]
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Fri May 21, 2010 9:37 am

Dear Skinem,

Dear bnjtokyo,

Are you sure you never said any such thing? Ever? Samuel Clemons also said never get in an argument with someone who buys ink by the barrel.

What took you so long to notice my egregious error in the first place? It's been my signature for over a year now, I believe.

One last question...are you going to post this everywhere I've posted?

There's only 1206 of them. You can do it!

I will fix it to avoid any issues with the signature police.

Stargzer, missed the show and despite your best efforts I forgot to record it. Such is life.

Return to “Res Diversae”