Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby LukeJavan8 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:37 am

Some people just have all the talent.
Way to go Audiendus.
-----please, draw me a sheep-----

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Tue May 18, 2010 4:00 am

(Are you experiencing floods where you live????)
No. I'd be fine any way, up on a hill, although one of my creeks and a spring got kinda large for a bit.

It was like the clouds parted at our county and went around. Flooding all around, but not here. For an example of how much rain it was, my brother-in-law's farm about 60 miles from here got 14.1 inches in about 17 hours, and 21 inches in 48 hours. That's a lot of rain.
Well, there is a bright side, I suppose: you don't have to help him shovel 20-some-odd feet of snow!
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Tue May 18, 2010 10:03 am

(Are you experiencing floods where you live????)
No. I'd be fine any way, up on a hill, although one of my creeks and a spring got kinda large for a bit.

It was like the clouds parted at our county and went around. Flooding all around, but not here. For an example of how much rain it was, my brother-in-law's farm about 60 miles from here got 14.1 inches in about 17 hours, and 21 inches in 48 hours. That's a lot of rain.
Well, there is a bright side, I suppose: you don't have to help him shovel 20-some-odd feet of snow!

Nope, and that's one reason I now live where I do instead of where I grew up...not far from world's record observed snowfall...

What cures me of thoughts of moving back to my home area after 35 years is a January visit...

Audiendus
Wordmaster

Re: Saturday

Postby Audiendus » Tue May 18, 2010 10:24 am

A prison inmate was assigned to learn carpentry and soon became the best carpenter in the prison. The warden heard about the inmate's work. So, when it was time to remodel his kitchen, he approached the inmate. But the inmate refused to fit a countertop for the warden's kitchen. The inmate said, "I'd love to help, but it was counterfeiting that got me into here in the first place."
"Can't you just nail a few pieces of wood together?" asked the warden.
"No", said the inmate, "I've always avoided tacks. And the last time I made a joint, I had trouble with the screws."

LukeJavan8
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby LukeJavan8 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:32 am

Nope, and that's one reason I now live where I do instead of where I grew up...not far from world's record observed snowfall...

What cures me of thoughts of moving back to my home area after 35 years is a January visit...

And despite the fact that many people say: "You'd miss
the change of seasons", I always say: "try me".
If I never saw snow again, except on a calendar picture,
I would be very happy. Wish I could afford to move.
I would be very happy.

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Saturday

Postby skinem » Sat May 22, 2010 1:39 pm

A Madrid bird sanctuary sent several whooping cranes to a facility in Alaska. Upon landing, it was so cold at the airport that most of the birds refused to disembark. Word soon spread that the cranes from Spain stayed mainly on the plane.

(By the way, for the humor challenged, this is a joke. It is fictitious. It did not actually occur. Any resemblance to any actual occurrence is purely coincidental. Madrid, birds, sanctuary, whooping cranes, faculties, Alaska, airports, Spain and planes, while real, were used in a fictitious fashion for entertainment purposes only. Do not try this at home.)

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Sat May 22, 2010 8:54 pm

My brother was once waiting for a plane when an announcement was placed on the board, "Flight delayed. Mechanic on broad."
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

LukeJavan8
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Saturday

Postby LukeJavan8 » Sun May 23, 2010 11:20 am

A Madrid bird sanctuary sent several whooping cranes to a facility in Alaska. Upon landing, it was so cold at the airport that most of the birds refused to disembark. Word soon spread that the cranes from Spain stayed mainly on the plane.

(By the way, for the humor challenged, this is a joke. It is fictitious. It did not actually occur. Any resemblance to any actual occurrence is purely coincidental. Madrid, birds, sanctuary, whooping cranes, faculties, Alaska, airports, Spain and planes, while real, were used in a fictitious fashion for entertainment purposes only. Do not try this at home.)

'Liza Doolittle would turn over in her whatever.

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Mon May 24, 2010 3:52 pm

Well never having seen a plane, she might be sufficiently excited to drop her "haitches".
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry Lassiter » Mon May 28, 2012 2:11 pm

This needs to be revived. It's great and at times grating. Don't miss the fine print of Skinem's crane post near the end. Whatever happened to Skinem anyway. Did he find AA to punful?
pl

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Mon May 28, 2012 7:47 pm

This needs to be revived. It's great and at times grating. Don't miss the fine print of Skinem's crane post near the end. Whatever happened to Skinem anyway. Did he find AA to punful?
Perhaps he joined AAA?
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Return to “Res Diversae”