keiretsu

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
Klimt
Lexiterian

keiretsu

Postby Klimt » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:22 pm

A network of businesses that own stakes in one another as a means of mutual security, especially in Japan, and usually including large manufacturers and their suppliers of raw materials and components.
Whoever wants to know something about me - as an artist which alone is significant - they should look attentively at my pictures and there seek to recognise what I am and what I want.

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:43 pm

According to dictionary.com, it's pronounced key-ret-soo. Any Japanese speakers out there wish to weigh in?

This is quite an interesting word; more for its concept than the word itself, though. The producer owning a share in the raw goods provider is perhaps a tricky concept in many worlds. Yet the Japanese even have a word for it. The Russians/Soviets do/did it, but I've not heard a specific word to express the idea. Other than corruption, that is.

It's a long shot, but do any others out there from other lands have a similar concept and word?

Love to hear from you if you do.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:42 pm

This is quite an interesting word; more for its concept than the word itself, though. The producer owning a share in the raw goods provider is perhaps a tricky concept in many worlds. Yet the Japanese even have a word for it. The Russians/Soviets do/did it, but I've not heard a specific word to express the idea. Other than corruption, that is. ...
I believe that was called "Communist Government."
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”