lineament

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
Klimt
Lexiterian

lineament

Postby Klimt » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:50 am

1. A distinctive shape, contour, or line, especially of the face.

2. A definitive or characteristic feature. Often used in the plural.

"the gross and subtle folds of corruption on the average senatorial face are hardly the lineaments of virtue"

As Virginia Maxon saw the fine features of the giant where she had expected to find the grotesque and hideous lineaments of a monster, she gave a quick little cry of pleasure and relief.

Where, in the sharp lineaments of rigid and unsightly death, is the calm beauty of slumber, telling of rest for the waking hours that are past, and gentle hopes and loves for those which are to come?

The flickering rays of the 'armor' nut just served to reveal their savage lineaments, without dispelling the darkness that hovered about them.
Whoever wants to know something about me - as an artist which alone is significant - they should look attentively at my pictures and there seek to recognise what I am and what I want.

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:30 pm

After a long session of catching some rays, Daisy Sunn found she needed to some liniment on her lineaments.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”