Radionics

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
Audiendus
Wordmaster

Radionics

Postby Audiendus » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:35 pm

Radionics (noun)

An activity in the field of alternative medicine, which purports to detect and cure abnormal "energy frequencies" in a patient. It typically uses a "black box" which is supposed to "analyse" a sample of the patient's hair or blood, or handwriting, and apply compensating "frequencies" to heal the disorder. The box contains a mass of wires, but these are not necessarily connected in or to an electrical circuit.

The theory and terminology of radionics, as devised by its founder Albert Abrams, are not accepted by mainstream scientists.

MTC
Grand Panjandrum

Nostrum

Postby MTC » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:07 am

If I could just get my hands on that "black box!"

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:07 am

This one reminds me of the US policemen who interrogated a suspect with a lie detector. It was a colander attached by wires to the copy machine. He fell for it, but they got in trouble, too.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:22 pm

The box contains a mass of wires, but these are not necessarily connected in or to an electrical circuit.
I would love to hear the explanation for why the wires aren't connected.
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:04 pm

The box contains a mass of wires, but these are not necessarily connected in or to an electrical circuit.
I would love to hear the explanation for why the wires aren't connected.
Probably because it's an expensive hoax.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”