Take My Privacy, Please !

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
anders
Lexiterian

Postby anders » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:09 pm

It's even easier to make a Word macro for the conversion. I made one years and years before the Internet was invented, and a nice button on the tool bar. And now MS Word spoils the fun by supplying "intelligent labels", supposed to do just about any measurement conversion. I disabled them.
Irren ist männlich

Garzo
Lexiterian

Postby Garzo » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:07 pm

For those of you still struggling under the burden of Microsoft Windows, may I suggest you take a look at Calendar Magic. It has a conversion tool that will convert almost any units you can think of, and many you probably couldn't. It's got a scientific calculator and a time zone tool (so you can work out what time it is in England!). However its main feature is the calendar: it can tell you all sorts of things, even your birth date in twenty-odd different calendar systems. It's free and I like it. It's just not available for Linux, yet.

Check it out!

-- Garzo.
"Poetry is that which gets lost in translation" — Robert Frost

uncronopio
Lexiterian

Postby uncronopio » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:27 pm

Thanks for the tip Garzo. It is a nice little utility, particularly the 'this is your life' feature. I am really close to 14,000 days!
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." -- Mark Twain

mbx_pdx
Junior Lexiterian
Location: Southern PA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.

Postby mbx_pdx » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:29 pm

I absolutely love the way this topic changed direction! Lovely!

I especially don't like having financial transactions monitored. I use cash whenever I can help it. [Of course they're legitimate, shame on you!]

As for temperature, we've been over the mid 80s F, and very humid for the past few weeks.

And I say "maths," despite being from America. I mentioned my Anglophilia in another post. Alas, I have no on-line calculators to recommend.
"We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself."
-Carl Sagan

First they ignore you...
Then they laugh at you...
Then they fight you...
Then you win!
-Gandhi

Return to “Res Diversae”