pneumonia

Use this forum to discuss past Good Words.
neepaexy
Junior Lexiterian

pneumonia

Postby neepaexy » Sat May 26, 2012 6:52 am

What is the difference of aspiration pneumonia and regular pneumonia in dogs? The vet said my dog has pneumonia but I was also looking at aspiration pneumonia. What is the difference?
Last edited by neepaexy on Sun May 27, 2012 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

LukeJavan8
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby LukeJavan8 » Sat May 26, 2012 11:39 am

We appreciate your coming here with questions.
But we are not medical experts with animals.
We discuss grammar and words. So please look
elsewhere.
-----please, draw me a sheep-----

Philip Hudson
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Philip Hudson » Sat May 26, 2012 11:52 am

Welcome to the forum neepaexy. Write often.

Aspiration pneumonia is pneumonia whose original cause is from inhaling foreign material, such as coal dust. The irritation of the lungs gives greater access to infection and thus to pneumonia. Pneumonia is a lung infection that doesn’t specify the underlying cause.

Good Word Discussion should be used when responding to a Good Word presentation by the Good Doctor. If you want to suggest a Good Word or just want to discuss a word, post under Good Word Suggestions. If you want to discuss specific topics, post under one of the appropriate sections. If no specific topic applies to your post, post under Res Diversae. It is the catchall bin for unspecified topics. We will address almost anything there. But as Luke wrote, we primarily discuss grammar and words with an emphasis on English. Other asides often come into play though. Your question falls under the general discussion of words and their meanings. We are not dog doctors but we do know, or can find out, what some medical words mean.
It is dark at night, but the Sun will come up and then we can see.

Return to “Good Word Discussion”