letters or words

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Philip Hudson
Great Grand Panjandrum

letters or words

Postby Philip Hudson » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:07 pm

A reading test. Do you need the letters of a word to be in order to know the word?

AOCDRNDICG TO RSCHEEARCH AT CMABRIGDE UINERVTISY, IT DSENO'T MTAETR WAHT OERDR THE LTTERES IN A WROD ARE, THE OLNY IPROAMTNT TIHNG IS TAHT THE FRSIT AND LSAT LTTEER BE IN THE RGHIT PCLAE. TIHS IS BCUSEAE THE HUAMN MNID DEOS NOT RAED ERVEY LTETER BY ISTLEF, BUT THE WROD AS A WLOHE. IF YOU CAN RAED TIHS, PSOT IT TO YUOR WLAL. OLNY 55% OF PLEPOE CAN
It is dark at night, but the Sun will come up and then we can see.

Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry Lassiter » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:32 pm

Who am I to agrue wtih cmabribgde uinervtisy?
pl

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:17 pm

While an lodey, tihs is ptrtey dogo. Hwveeor, I do qtsiouen the vctreaiy of the escruoe. If we ispcent the mgsease ceollsy, the lgnseot wdros hpeapn to be flariy cmomon wdros taht are elsaiy rtleead to rrsceeah. Wchih rsaeis the igrtniiung qtseioen of waht wluod ouccr if we wree to mkae use of rrear wdros? Tkae for elpxmae, the fcat taht I lkie to paly wtih wrods. So, wehn Mtfsrcooi's Dail Up Nnkrwtioeg prgraom strtas to mkae a ctcnnoieon, I asmlot aywlas say, "Vniyfliiig Ulseess Nmae and Prwssoad."
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Philip Hudson
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Philip Hudson » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:11 am

Slava, your example is harder than the one I sent. It took some untangling of some of the words and I didn't recognize all of them at first sight.
It is dark at night, but the Sun will come up and then we can see.

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:26 am

Slava, your example is harder than the one I sent. It took some untangling of some of the words and I didn't recognize all of them at first sight.
Aye, that's why I posted it. It's a rebuttal to the original. I first wrote that, according to my records, in 2003, which is why I consider it an old one. Though I must admit, I should have called it an lodei.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry Lassiter » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:26 am

As I understand it, the rule says the first and last letters must be correct, but you can jumble within. Slava's text does not consistently follow that rule. For instance, his last word lodei should read o...e with ldi in any order in between.
pl

Return to “Res Diversae”