ANEMOPHILOUS

Use this forum to discuss past Good Words.
Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: ANEMOPHILOUS

Postby Perry Lassiter » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:39 pm

You might survey counselors. Over the years as a pastoral counselor who keeps his mouth shut, I remember encountering two cases, both rural.
pl

Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry Lassiter » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:41 pm

PS- When I encountered the first case, a light bulb went off. That's why Leviticus forbids sex with animals, which I had thought ridiculous. Obviously few laws a made for what people never do.
pl

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:09 pm

Getting back to the love of wind, may I suggest that the previous post wishing to find a way to apply this one to politicians is a bit off the mark.

Anemophilous means loving the wind, whereas it is generally the politicians who provide the wind. Anemophilous should be used to refer to the blowhards' followers.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

call_copse
Senior Lexiterian

Postby call_copse » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:54 am

Getting back to the love of wind, may I suggest that the previous post wishing to find a way to apply this one to politicians is a bit off the mark.

Anemophilous means loving the wind, whereas it is generally the politicians who provide the wind. Anemophilous should be used to refer to the blowhards' followers.
Come on, it's too nice a word to corrupt in that manner. I understand that many of your compatriots do enjoy a 'rush' of authoritarian wind, I guess one should avoid anything overly pejorative but I think there must be something more appropriate. :?
Iain

MTC
Grand Panjandrum

Postby MTC » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Adjective
verbose (comparative more verbose, superlative most verbose)
Abounding in words, containing more words than necessary. Long winded, or windy.

Or wind loving.

Return to “Good Word Discussion”