tushery

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
sardith
Lexiterian

tushery

Postby sardith » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Hello Dr. Goodword,

Whilst playing Scrabble, I managed to draw the seven tiles that spelled this wannabe word, tushery, and since I was playing on a computer, (finding out that your chosen word is suspect takes no time at all), I took a chance. It truly is a valid word, but has nothing to do with heinies. :oops:

Now, I'm on the chase, finding out there is a connection to gadzookery...who'd ever guess? :shock:

I'd love to see an article about this word and your take on its history. :D

Thank you for your time,
Sardith
:wink:
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
~Mark Twain, [pen name for Samuel Clemens], American author and humorist, (1835-1910)~

Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: tushery

Postby Perry Lassiter » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:11 pm

Gadzooks indeed! And oddsbodkins to wit! Thou hast sent me scurrying scurrously to investigate that about which thou hast penned. Coined by RL Stevenson in the late 19th century, it seemeth to refer to rather florid imitations of archaic lingo.

And I grok yr Scrabble wonders. I recently tried pung and it went through. Didn't need an O after all!
pl

sardith
Lexiterian

Postby sardith » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:40 am

Perry,

Computerization certainly has opened up the 'Scrabble-type' games to 'putting your toe into the water' more often, since you have an instantaneous rebuttal, hopefully making one a better player...as long as a person can remember the plethora of new words learned. :?

Congrats on the 'pung'. I'll have to bear that one in mind. :wink:

Continued success at scrambling tiles in order to conquer Scrabble! 8)

Sardith
:mrgreen:
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
~Mark Twain, [pen name for Samuel Clemens], American author and humorist, (1835-1910)~

Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry Lassiter » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:49 am

Most of my Scrabbling is done on Words with Friends. I play as lassiter12 on there if any of you want to beat me.
pl

sardith
Lexiterian

Postby sardith » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:10 am

Lassiter 12...it sounds so 007. :lol:

I'll try you out someday! :D

Sardith :mrgreen:

sardith
Lexiterian

Postby sardith » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:14 am

p.s., I am Wordchicky51. 8)

Sardith :mrgreen:

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”