INCUNABULUM

Use this forum to discuss past Good Words.
Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: INCUNABULUM

Postby Perry Lassiter » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:27 pm

Well, I did price pan flutes a few years ago when the music was popular, but the prices of even the least expensive (read "cheap") were out of my reach.

I guess both Philip and I were in our early 40's when Star Wars hit the scene. From my present vantage point, that's a young sprat.
pl

LukeJavan8
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby LukeJavan8 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:49 pm

I was 32 if 77 is the year Star Wars Came out.
-----please, draw me a sheep-----

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:12 pm

Holy Moly!

I was just getting adjusted to geezerette status, only to return to the agora and find that I am a "junior" member. This is great! :D

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:20 pm

Holy Moly!

I was just getting adjusted to geezerette status, only to return to the agora and find that I am a "junior" member. This is great! :D
Howdy, youngster. Isn't it a double greatness to know that you are also the Grande Dame of the Agora? No other non-male has attained the status of Grand Panjandrum. Should we petition to have that changed to "Panjandra"? :D
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Panjandra... it has possibilities. As long as we don't wind up with panjandress or some such abomination. :lol:

Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry Lassiter » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:39 pm

If fr Lat, panjandrum has a neuter ending, so everyone can be equally offended. Perhaps female should be panjandra?
pl

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Panjandra... it has possibilities. As long as we don't wind up with panjandress or some such abomination. :lol:
As it is a made up word, I suppose we can do pretty much what we will. Perhaps "Panjandrette" for the very young? Or does that sound too much like a place to wash your night clothes?

I like your new signature, by the way. To keep it alive, I'll quote it here: Never iron a four-leaf clover, because you don't want to press your luck. Once you change it, it will go away in all posts.

For anyone who wishes to leave their mark, visit the ancient (originated over 8 years ago!) Tagline Graveyard and say what you used to say.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Return to “Good Word Discussion”