God Jul !

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
M. Henri Day
Grand Panjandrum

God Jul !

Postby M. Henri Day » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:50 am

to all my dear fellow Agorists ! As a present to those interested in such matters, I provide a link to Science's «Breakthrough of the Year», which has as its theme «Evolution in action», which, after events in Kansas, Pennsylvania, and Georgia, must seem topical indeed, in particular to list members residing in the US....

Henri
曾记否,到中流击水,浪遏飞舟?

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:19 pm

And under the heading of God Jul I would like to offer the following Politically Correct Wishes for the Current Season:
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable tradition of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

In addition, please also accept my best wishes for a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendar-choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make this country great (not to imply that this country is necessarily greater than any other country or area of choice) and without regard for race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual orientation of the wishers.

This wish is limited to the customary and usual good tidings for a period of year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first. "Holiday" is not intended to, nor shall it be considered, limited to the usual Judeo-Christian celebrations or observances, or to such activities of any organized or ad hoc religious community, group, individual or belief (or lack thereof).

Note: By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all. This greeting is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. This greeting implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for the wisher her/himself or others, or responsibility for the consequences which may arise from the implementation or non-implementation of it.

This greeting is void where prohibited by law.

Best wishes !
My best wishes for this holiday season go out to all Agorans, and all others, too. Even my former managers. :wink:
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Apoclima
Senior Lexiterian

Postby Apoclima » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:51 am

LOL, Larry!

Henri, Evolution, Schevolution, materialist-naturalists have no choice, but to believe it.

Who made all this happen?

Theist: God did it!

Deist: God just wanted to see what would happen!

Atheist: No one did anything, what do you mean? Why would a random set of chemical reactions wonder about such things?

Apo
'Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination.' -Max Planck

M. Henri Day
Grand Panjandrum

Postby M. Henri Day » Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:04 pm

Apo, atheists, materialist, naturalists, non-supernaturalists - however one wishes to term them - were around prior to Darwin's presentation of a scientifically respectable theory of evolution, so being the former does not immediately translate into the logical necessity (strict implication) of believing the latter. But I agree, most of us in the former category do find the evidence for the latter theory/Weltanschauung rather persuasive....

Larry, the wishes you extended to us - if, indeed, they can be considered as being extended - strike me as being authored by corporate lawyers working mainly in the field of liabilities. Let me below extend a bolder variation - to you, to Apo, and to all my fellow Agorists :
God fortsättning !

Vi går (åtminstone här på det norra halvklotet) mot ljusare tider !...
Henri
曾记否,到中流击水,浪遏飞舟?

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:40 am

Apo, atheists, materialist, naturalists, non-supernaturalists - however one wishes to term them - were around prior to Darwin's presentation of a scientifically respectable theory of evolution, . . .
I once saw a bumper sticker that said it all:
God is Who. Evolution is how.
Larry, the wishes you extended to us - if, indeed, they can be considered as being extended - strike me as being authored by corporate lawyers working mainly in the field of liabilities. . . .
Sent to me by a "nice Jewish boy" at work . . . :lol: One has to be careful what one says when one works for the Government! :roll:
God fortsättning !

Vi går (åtminstone här på det norra halvklotet) mot ljusare tider !...
Henri
Good continuation!

We go (at least here on the the northern semi ball) against lighter times! …
It's good to see that even in Swedish God is Good! 8)
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."

Brazilian dude
Grand Panjandrum

Postby Brazilian dude » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:38 pm

Stargzer, you never get enough of that systranet thingie, do you? It's good to know at least somebody is having fun.

Brazilian dude
Languages rule!

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:39 pm

Stargzer, you never get enough of that systranet thingie, do you? It's good to know at least somebody is having fun.

Brazilian dude
It's quicker, and cheaper, than buying a bazillion dictionaries and coming up with my own mangled translations.

Rember: "To err is human; to really screw things up takes a computer."
Regards//Larry

Return to “Res Diversae”