Dolor

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
Brazilian dude
Grand Panjandrum

Dolor

Postby Brazilian dude » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:53 pm

dolor
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English dolour, from Middle French, from Latin dolor pain, grief, from dolEre to feel pain, grieve
: mental suffering or anguish : SORROW
Usage: this is what Luciano feels right now.

Brazilian dude
Languages rule!

KatyBr
Wordmaster

Postby KatyBr » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:46 pm

I'm so sorry you are down, BD. I wish I had a funny joke to tell you. oh actually I do...
A tree hugger bought a nice big forest and she went out to check it out. She climbed the biggest tree to see her whole domain. At the top a spotted owl attacked her so she slid down the tree to get away, unfortunately she got splinters in her uh lap area. She went ot the doctor who checked her out and said he'd be right back but he was gone a long time. He came back in and informed her that he'd contacted the Environmental protection agency (?) who said he was prohibited from removing old growth timber from a recreational area.

ok so if you find that funny, you might feel better.

Kt

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:21 pm

I like that one, KT; I'll have to pass it on . . . :lol:
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Brazilian dude
Grand Panjandrum

Postby Brazilian dude » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:31 am

He came back in and informed her that he'd contacted the Environmental protection agency (?) who said he was prohibited from removing old growth timber from a recreational area.
Hahahaha, thank you so much, Katy. My condition is known in the medical literature as Ana Carolinitis, no cure has been found so far, but I'm desperately looking forward to a vaccine.

Brazilian dude
Languages rule!

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:58 am

He came back in and informed her that he'd contacted the Environmental protection agency (?) who said he was prohibited from removing old growth timber from a recreational area.
Hahahaha, thank you so much, Katy. My condition is known in the medical literature as Ana Carolinitis, no cure has been found so far, but I'm desperately looking forward to a vaccine.

Brazilian dude
Oh, you poor, lovesick puppy, you!
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”