INALCO

A discussion of the peculiarities of languages and the differences between them.
anwang
Junior Lexiterian

INALCO

Postby anwang » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:47 am

I was just wondering if anyone knew much about the NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR ORIENTAL LANGUAGES AND CIVILISATIONS or INALCO in France. I assume you would first need to know French before you could go there and learn about something other than French. Is that correct or do they have any English speaking branches out there some where? Is this even a good place to go? Your opinions please.

bnjtokyo

Postby bnjtokyo » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:18 am

Dear Anwang,

Have you visited their website? Here is the url to the site map:
http://www.inalco.fr/ina_plan.php3?id_r ... _secteur=1

It appears that the language of instruction is French but they teach a lot of other languages.

And by the way, can someone please tell me how to create a nifty hot link?

uncronopio
Lexiterian

Postby uncronopio » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:42 am

For a nice looking link you type something like:

Code: Select all

[url=destination_site]text of link[/url]
For example, a link to the alpha agora could be:

Code: Select all

Visit the [url=http://www.alphadictionary.com/bb/]Alpha Agora[/url] to discuss words.
The link would look like: Visit the Alpha Agora to discuss words.

That's it.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." -- Mark Twain

bnjtokyo

Postby bnjtokyo » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:33 am

Thank you!

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:04 am

Thank you!
You can hit the Image button in someone's post to include the text in your reply. It also allows you to see the code that produced the message, so if you quote uncronopio's message you can see exactly how he created the link. If you quote this message you can see how I copied the .gif for the quote button.

Pressing the Preview button instead of the Submit button allows you to see your post and test out the links before you Submit it.

(To get the URL of the 'quote' button I did a right-click and selected Properties, then copied the URL. I then pasted it in the reply, highlighted it, and clicked the Img button to put the tags around it. And then, of course, another Preview to catch any errors, like forgetting the apostrophe in "someone's." :wink: And Edit is always available should you forget something after doing a submit. :roll: )
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Return to “Languages of the World”